The in-vehicle security section is directly engaged with the entire end-to-end solution for Vehicle Security. The candidate selected for this position will play a key role in the development and delivery of secure, global connected vehicle applications and provide cyber security consulting services to active product projects.This includes embedded security with Ford Electrical / Infotainment Engineering and system architecture design, development, and validation methodology and processes for connected modules and embedded modules within current and future connected vehicles.
- Development of security specifications and tools as needed for connected vehicle features
- Assist with architecture process creation and product development security program creation
- Support major product programs with security needs
- Collaborate on Advanced Engineering projects with outside partners in academia, government, or internal Ford teams
- Assist Product Development in proof-of-concepts with new features and technology related to security
- Respond to security events as they arise from operational programs
- Development of design validation methodologies (DVM) for module featuresto hand off for testing teams.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 2+ years of experience in a Cyber Security position.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or other related field
- 2+ years of programming experience with one of the following tools:
- 2+ years of experience with embedded Windows/QNX/Linux or with microcontrollers for control systems
- Strong communication and analytical skills
- Ability to work independently, take follow-up on project deliverables, go above and beyond the task at hand
- Familiarity with general IT or Product Security and Architecture Concepts, processes, and methods
- Understanding of architecture, development, design principals a plus
- Understanding and experience in embedded and/or automotive systems.
- Work well in a small team and be flexible enough to work on any aspect of the project as needed
- Ability to develop and maintain technical documentation as needed
- Familiarity with Threat Modeling
- Familiarity with in-vehicle network architecture, modules, and protocols (CAN etc.)
- Electrical or System Engineering background will be a plus for module-related work
- Mobile Phone Application Programming, Bluetooth, Networking familiarity a plus
- Penetration testing and tools experience
- PKI experience on medium to large deployments
Join our team as we create tomorrow! We believe in putting people first, working together, and facing challenges head-on, because we are Built Ford Tough. We are one team striving to make people’s lives better while creating value, delivering excellence and ultimately going for thewin.
Candidates for positions with Ford Motor Company must be legally authorized to work in the United States on a permanent basis. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Ford Motor Company is an equal opportunity employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or protected veteran status.