SR. PRINCIPAL TEST ENGINEER (NPI – INSTALLATION)
We live in a mobile driven world where technology is constantly improving. Semiconductor manufacturers need a partner as they pioneer and drive the most advanced integrated circuits (ICs) ever made. FormFactor is the world’s leading supplier of semiconductor test and measurement products used to test the ICs that power the majority of smart phones and tablets on the planet, as well as electronic systems used in computing, consumer, automotive, Artificial Intelligence (AI) and other applications. We are a big company with a small time feel. Working at FormFactor gives you the opportunity to work with cutting edge technology, have a direct influence on next generation products hitting the market and drive the overall growth and development of the semiconductor industry.
We are a fast-paced, agile, growing company that values diversity of thought and constantly strives for a more diverse, inclusive environment. We are looking for enthusiastic, talented individuals who can thrive in a changing and challenging environment.
As the Sr. Principal Test Engineer (NPI – Installation), you will lead multiple New Product Introductions at FormFactor customer sites (U.S. and International). You will be the ‘face of the Factory’ in the Field, ensuring successful deployment, installation, and start-up of FormFactor products, followed by a hand-off to our Field Service team. Travel requirements will range between 25-40% U.S. and International.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Interface with FormFactor customers to define technical requirements and schedules
- Architect and carryout overall installation, test and support plans for new vertical products
- Liaise with Livermore Factory to gain expertise on new vertical products, ensuring successful start-up at customer sites
- Liaise with FormFactor Field Service team to ensure proper training and support hand-off after successful deployments
- Author testability requirements and process documentation to optimize system performance (including customer-specific applications); Interface with internal groups to generate overall test methodology; Test and characterize new products; Manage the qualification of new processes, measurement and testing procedures; Develop and implement test and process procedures and protocols
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND SKILLS REQUIRED
- Masters Degree Mechanical or Electrical Engineering preferred
- Minimum of 5-7 years of work experience
- Hands-on experience with NPI deployment and installations preferred
- Working knowledge of Mechanical Engineering (understanding of thermal mechanical considerations and mechanical design)
- Strong background in Failure Analysis and Process Engineering (8D, FMEA, SPC, DOE, OCAP, document control, etc.)
- Strong Project Management, Communication, and Problem Solving skills
- Available to travel up to 40% of the time for field commissioning and/or troubleshooting work (Domestic and International)
- Proven ability to work in a Class 1000 clean room environment
FormFactor is committed to providing a work environment where everyone is treated with dignity and respect. We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and are committed to compliance with all Federal, State, and local laws that prohibit employment discrimination on the basis of age, race, color, sex (including breastfeeding and related conditions), gender (including gender identity and gender expression), national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, religion, physical or mental disability, marital status, registered domestic partner status, medical condition, military or veteran status, genetic characteristics or information, or any other legally protected characteristic. These protections extend to all employment and management decisions including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, training, promotions, pay practices, benefits, disciplinary actions and terminations, and all other terms and conditions of employment.