Communications Internship with Foundation for Community Health
January 15, 2021 to approximately September 15, 2021 (flexible and can be extended)
8 hours per week, (flexible, can range from less to more per week)
$15 per hour
Position: Assistant to Director of Communications with a PR project conducted electronically with possible in person, but not mandatory.
Supervisor: Gertrude O’Sullivan
Director of Communications & Special Programs
Foundation for Community Health
478 Cornwall Bridge Road
Sharon, CT 06069
Overall Project: Creating profiles of grantees for multimedia use. The candidate would work with grantees of the Foundation for Community Health to get their stories from their perspective. It would not be just about their relationship with the foundation, although that is a strong focal point, but about the grantee overall. The objective is to identify their goals and their relationships with their target audience and how they see themselves evolving in the future. The goal is to elevate the scope of work that has been done with grantees in the past in order to make it more exciting and relevant. Work would include producing short videos, writing script outlines and scheduling radio interviews of the grantees for use on the Foundation’s website. Part of the work would involve benchmarking, development and planning. Contacts and introductions will be provided.
…social media platforms
…inter personal skills, interviewing grantees and speaking with media reps
…electronic design for placement on social media
…video work via cell phone
Tasks include, but are not limited to:
· Research and update media contact list including speaking with various media reps for info on scheduling and appropriate story framing for their medium.
· Benchmark similar projects on websites of other foundations.
· Review and familiarization with list of grantees in order to help create list by category and their health related impact on our community, with contact information for each.
· Help develop script and messaging outlines for print and video appropriate for varied media: FB, website, print, cable tv, radio, et al.
· Script development/writing for each medium
· Conduct interviews
· Produce approx. 30-second video using pre-approved script
· Disseminate/post varied story products produced to appropriate media targets