Do you enjoy working outside? Do you love beautiful gardens and trees? Do you have a knack for picking out small details from a distance? Do you enjoy puzzles and problem solving? Then Green Cross might be the perfect place to make your career. We are looking for personable, talented, outgoing professionals with an interest in trees, shrubs, gardens and the nature to join our team!
Green Cross, Inc. is a small but well-established tree and shrub health care company operating in Connecticut, New York, and New Jersey. We are fortunate to be in the most lucrative segment of our industry and in one of the strongest regional economies in the country. We are a small, tight knit team of horticulturists, arborists, soil scientists and experienced landscape professionals that work together with our education and experience to make our clients’ gardens thrive!
In this position you will be diagnosing and treating tree and shrub health problems, solving tree and shrub health problems, collaborating with fellow Green Cross team members, and communicating with clients about their trees and shrubs.
We provide a broad range of paid on-the-job training to new team members, but some of the knowledge below will give you a running start in your career at Green Cross.
Desired technical skill sets:
· The ability to identify native and exotic trees and shrubs in the northeastern United States as well as knowledge of their growth habit and character
· The ability to identify insect and disease pests of trees and shrubs
· An understanding of soil texture, structure, pH, % base saturation, as well as macro and micro-nutrients
· Knowledge of good planting and cultural practices
· Good writing and verbal communication skills
· Able to work independently
· A valid driver’s license
· 1) An Associates, Bachelor’s, Master’s, or PhD degree in a relevant field of study or 2) extensive professional experience working with trees and shrubs
· International Society of Arboriculture Certification
· Commensurate with educational level, skill level, experience, and contribution to the growth of the company. $55,000.00 – $90,000.00 per year
· Year-round employment
· Four weeks paid vacation a year
· Paid holidays.
· Medical insurance
· Dental Insurance
· Vision Insurance
How to Apply:
Apply through handshake or submit your resume at http://greenx.com/page/careers
- Entry level
- Bachelor’s (Preferred)
- driver’s (Required)
- arborist (Preferred)