AT HARTFORD FLAVOR COMPANY
Hartford Flavor Company is a licensed, USDA certified organic, craft distillery established in 2015. The distillery, located in Hartford’s historic Parkville neighborhood, specializes in a variety of all-natural/organic liqueurs and vodkas.
We are proud to be a female-owned and operated business. Everything we make is all natural, gluten-free, and made with organic botanicals, which is why we produce and bottle in the spirit of our slogan #drinkclean.
Responsibilities: The Production Leader is responsible for the production of our current core spirits, seasonal, limited releases and will be involved with product research and development. In addition, the Production Leader will be tasked with growing our production capacity and shipping and receiving efforts. The successful candidate will be able to grow into being responsible for management of the production team.
This position is a 30-40 hour per week role; during busy times small amounts of OT may be required. At times, the incumbent may need to be available to support our Tasting Room and/or special events.
· Manage the production of spirits and other related products.
· Weekly status updates with Production Director and/or Owner, proofing, bottling & labeling final products, materials ordering, reporting, and sanitation of equipment and production space.
· Compliance: Monthly and quarterly Federal and State excise tax reporting and operational reporting via the Stillhouse distillery software system.
· Management: Train and manage a growing operations team to meet our increasing demand (production assistants and part time bottling/labeling staff).
· Front of House: Available for bottle sales, knowledge of events and event space. Also, able to provide knowledge about product and about company history.
· Collaborate with Research/Development team on new products.
· Professional Development: Stay up to date with current industry standards and best practices alongside understanding of current industry trends.
· Preferred: 3-5 years of experience in the distilling, brewing and/or wine industry
· Proficient in running basic production procedures
· Innovation using creativity to build recipes and formulas
· Decision making, that includes but not limited to pulling from experience with abilities to foster efficiencies
· Basic computer skills including Microsoft Office and Excel
· Familiar with basic troubleshooting for operations equipment
· Capable of developing and maintaining production budget
· Attention to detail supporting product quality controls and brand standard
· Customer service skills and effective communication to support customer engagement and brand promotion
Work environment: Candidate must be able to lift 50 lbs on a consistent basis and up to 75 lbs occasionally.
Frequently used equipment includes pumps, filtration systems, industrial stove, and manual bottler.
Must be at least 21 years of age.
To apply: Email resume and cover letter to email@example.com