The Marketing Intern position requires a creative problem solver and standout student who will thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative marketing environment.
This position offers a variety of opportunities including supporting Hitachi Cable America Inc. in the development and implementation of its internal and external marketing, business development, and digital communication plans. Opportunities can vary from creating content for Hitachi products or partners, developing internal newsletters or communications, website content development and refinement, social media content creation, product metrics analysis, marketing project management, strategic recommendations, graphic design, photography needs, video production and more.
Marketing Interns will typically support one or more departments and/or divisions in the performance of their assignments, spend time shadowing actual operations, and have unique assignments that support larger projects as well as the day-to-day operations of Marketing, Sales, and Human Resource departments. Interns may perform and/or participate in additional activities/events which will help them build a strong network within the Hitachi community. Being a Hitachi company there are many large marketing initiatives and activities which require support and involvement to maintain the high level of brand strength that Hitachi commands.
Essential Functions/Responsibilities will vary by department but may include:
- Apply developed skills and knowledge of best practices against business objectives.
- Work with a diverse team in a professional environment.
- Craft and develop clear and compelling brand messaging.
- Review marketing programs and recommend changes and/or improvements.
- Research and recommend marketing automation tools.
- Support internal and external communications through email marketing, surveys, case studies, newsletters, literature, or presentations.
- Collect key data metrics on specific marketing campaigns and develop strategic recommendations from reviewing analytical data.
- Content creation for a digital platform (social media, video, website content, website blogging, graphic design, etc.)
- Develop, procure, and assemble physical materials that support daily sales activities.
- Support with tradeshow preparation and content.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Experience in planning and organizing activities.
- Possess working knowledge of both inside and outside corporate marketing in a B2B environment.
- Learn, acquire, and maintain accurate product knowledge.
- Ability to successfully multi-task and manage competing priorities.
- Possess excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Superior communication, interpersonal and verbal skills required to interact effectively with internal employees and external customers, partners, and vendors.
- Reliable, flexible, motivated, and responsive.
- A keen-eye with strong attention to detail.
- Open to learning through constructive reviews and team recommendations.
- Knowledge in Adobe Creative Suite and Microsoft Suite applications.
- Knowledge of Google Analytics and Google Adwords
- Comprehensive understanding of SEO.
- Strong visual and ideation creative skills.
- Strong writing and editing skills.
- An ability to think through a larger marketing campaign and develop messaging and intent from the initial need identification all the way through to campaign execution and delivery.
- Understanding in latest video software is a plus.
- Student must be at least 18 years of age.
- Student must be enrolled in an accredited university working towards a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in either Marketing, Advertising, Communication or Business Administration.
- Minimum GPA requirements of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale.