At Camp Echo Lake, we pride ourselves on being “Dedicated to Human Development” because we are constantly striving to help Campers, Families, Staff, and Alumni grow and flourish. In our eyes, everyone has incredible potential to succeed socially, emotionally, and physically in their daily life; we are looking for people to join our staff who are genuine, caring, and able to connect with campers in a way that will help them unlock their potential this summer.
Every year we are looking for passionate and self-motivated people to fill a variety of positions at Camp from Camper Specialists to Activity Specialists, Waterfront to Outdoor Trek Staff. If you are interested in having the most fun and rewarding summer of your life, we encourage you to visit our website (www.campecholake.com) and start filling out an application today.
Camper Specialist Job Description
- Lives in a cabin with a group of 10-15 children ( 8yrs – 16yrs old) and with 2-3 (19yrs + old) co-counselors.
- Act as a leader, guide, helper, and positive role model with your group of assigned campers.
- Maintains maximum safety for all campers at all times.
- Participates in all daily camp activities (including swimming) with your campers.
- Will make sure your campers are prepared to participate in daily activities.
- Establishes an individual relationship with each camper.
- Puts the needs of the campers before those of yourself.
- Establishes with campers the way we do things in the daily routine of bunk cleanliness, personal hygiene, sleep, and rest.
- Help campers develop life skills including independence, cooperation, responsibility & perseverance.
- Will know and observe camp policies.
- Participates in pre-camp training and weekly staff meetings with Directors/Head Counselor.
As an Ideal Candidate, you possess the following skills and competencies:
- Experience working with children between the ages 7-16;
- Experience working and collaborating with your peers;
- A genuine interest in working with children;
- A positive and resilient attitude;
- The ability to receive and deliver constructive feedback; and
- The desire and capacity to have a fun, active summer in the Adirondack region of Upstate New York.