Analyst, Business Intelligence
Who We Are
Horizon Next is one of the industry’s most innovative and data-driven marketing organizations and sits at the intersection of three constantly changing landscapes: people, data, and media. Our business provides strategic leadership to accelerate growth for our clients through brand strategy, media planning and investment, and best in class analytics across all channels. As the leader in innovative business solutions, we are always pushing ourselves to understand what’s next: our next innovation, our next advancement in analytics, the market’s next media evolution, and your next breakthrough idea. Horizon Next operates with the single goal that tomorrow must outperform today.
At Horizon, we understand the value that different perspectives can bring to our clients and culture, so we strive for an environment where our employees feel welcomed, safe and empowered. We value YOU and believe that your authentic voice and unique perspective allows us to create a more rewarding culture, and experience, together.
Our simple recipe for success? We hire talented people (thinkers, doers, dreamers, makers), challenge them and give them every opportunity to grow.
The Analyst, Business Intelligence will empower team members across Horizon Next with increased access to the data. They will ensure both technical and non-technical team members have access to the data they need to inform their decision-making processes. The Analyst contribute to the BI team goal of creating data products and solutions that scale across our portfolio of clients.
What You’ll Do
- Develop and enhance the data and analytics capabilities of Horizon Next – 70%
- Partner with senior BI team members on data modeling and reporting efforts to make data as accessible as possible throughout Horizon Next
- Bring together disparate data sources by building data models that can be used by both technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Create and maintain automated data tests to ensure high data quality across all data models
- Collaborate with Data Engineering team members to bring new data sources into our data warehouse and add them into new data models
- Drive education and adoption of data products across teams – 30%
- Act as a liaison between the Horizon Next Analytics team and other internal teams on matters related to data sources, data access, and reporting availability
- Educate non-technical team members on our data products and how best to use data to inform their decision-making process
- Work with Horizon Next clients to understand their data and create meaningful KPIs for media campaigns
Who You Are
- You have a background in or knowledge of the media, advertising, or direct-response industries
- You have a background in data or analytics but are more interested in building processes, automation, and tooling than providing insights and recommendations
- You are comfortable having one foot in the “business” world and one foot in the “processes & code” world
- You enjoy creating reusable and automatable processes that can scale
- You have a strong background in SQL
Preferred Skills & Experience
- 1-3 years of experience in analytics, business intelligence, or a similar field
- 1-2 years of experience in media, advertising, or similar industry
- 1-3 years using SQL in a work environment
- Experience with a cloud data warehouse like Amazon Redshift, Google BigQuery, or Snowflake
- Experience with Git or a similar version control system
- Experience with a query engine like Presto, Hive, or Spark SQL
- Experience with Python or a similar programming language
- Experience with BI or dashboard tools like Tableau, Looker, or Domo
- Experience with dbt (data build tool)
Certificates, Licenses and Registrations
No requirements for certificates, licenses and registrations.
Physical Activity and Work Environment
Prefer candidate who can work east-coast hours. No other requirements for physical activity and work environment.
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the employer.