Hubbell Incorporated was founded in 1888 and has grown into an international manufacturer of quality electrical, lighting and power solutions with more than 75 brands used and recognized around the world. Our founder, Harvey Hubbell, developed tooling and equipment to serve the growing demand for new assembly and manufacturing machinery during the industrial revolution. An early, and one of many patents awarded, came for the creation of the first practical method to control electricity through the pull chain socket that remains unchanged today. As a market leader in reliable, electrical solutions, we provide more than half a million products delivered through our various business groups. Hubbell is committed to continually innovating solutions that work, transforming old products with new ideas, and ensuring that we Energize, Enlighten and Empower the communities that support us.
Hubbell Commercial & Industrial (HCI) provides solutions for a broad range of non-residential and residential construction, commercial and industrial applications along with high-voltage test and measurement solutions. As a leading global manufacturer and supplier in multiple markets, we have quality products that serve the commercial construction, datacom, industrial light, industrial heavy, high voltage, residential and oil & gas markets. HCI has built its success through strong leadership, employee and customer loyalty and an exceptional sales force.
23 Clara Drive, Suite 103
Mystic, CT 06355
The Sales Support Specialist coordinates the Inside Sales activities for products and services for an assigned customer account base. Working in partnership with Field Sales Representatives, the Specialist will provide quality customer service while implementing proactive sales and efficiency practices that contribute towards ultimate customer satisfaction and division sales growth.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate the information flow between sales and other departments to efficiently analyze, process and respond to: customer orders and inquiries, expedites, technical/product questions, quotations, return/credit requests, new customer applications and general customer inquiries.
- Provide product technical and application assistance by maintaining a strong understanding of all division products and programs and how they relate to competitor’s products and industry standards.
- Improve sales through continual cross selling of our product sets, and utilizing our inventory to sell applications
- Provide positive impact to product line margins and profitability through analysis and negotiation of customer returns/credit requests, and of freight costs prior to the processing of special handling requests.
- Provide optimum customer service through the prioritization and follow-up of critical projects, sales orders and quotations.
- Provide input on departmental proactive sales programs, cost reduction programs, procedural changes and efficiency improvements that will contribute towards sales and profit growth.
Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor degree in Business Administration or a related field.
- Attention to detail, strong analytical, organizational and multi-tasking skills, as well as, verbal and written communication skills are required.
- Solid understanding of Windows, Word and Excel. SAPr3 knowledge is preferred.
- Required to support Customer Service extended hours by working one assigned day per week on a 9:30 A.M. to 6:00 P.M. shift. The day will be assigned at the discretion of the supervisor.
- Bachelors Degree in Business
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.