Hudson Legal, an immigration law firm specializing in employment-based visa petitions, is seeking strong, versatile writers for full-time writing positions. Legal and creative writing specialists will be responsible for drafting legal documents for immigration petitions, including recommendation letters and petition letters. A legal background is not required, but experience in efficiently and accurately summarizing complex information and/or scientific research is very helpful. A background in academic or technical writing is also desirable.
This position is an excellent opportunity for graduating seniors and recent graduates, who are interested in law to receive training and exposure to the field of federal law and to work on cases related to the advancement of the interests of the United States. It also offers a unique and fulfilling opportunity for those wishing to bolster and diversify their professional writing skills and expertise.
Ideal applicants should be able to work at least 40 hours every week.
- Draft and prepare technical/legal documents and letters based on internal materials
- Revise documents according to internal specifications and client feedback
- Perform technical and academic research on a wide range of scientific topics
- Excellent writing, editing, research, and critical thinking skills
- Ability to gain a basic understanding of a variety of different scientific topics
- Ability to present complex research in clear, concise prose accessible to a wide audience
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent time management
- Outstanding client service skills
- High degree of self-motivation and ability to work independently under tight deadlines
- Ability to maintain a professional demeanor
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree
- Strong computer skills; familiarity with Microsoft Word and Google Docs
- Professional writing and/or editing experience
- A degree in a writing-related undergraduate or graduate program
Compensation and Benefits
- Annual base salary ranges from $34,000-$38,000, with various bonus and overtime opportunities.
- Our comprehensive benefit plan includes: short term and long term disability insurance, 6-8 weeks of paid maternity leave through disability insurance plan, health, dental and vision insurance, optional 401(k), paid time off and paid holidays.
- Ann Arbor, MI
- Chicago, IL
- Durham, NC
- Pittsburgh, PA
- Pasadena, CA
**temporary work from home arrangement is in place during the pandemic period**
To apply: Please submit your resume, along with a cover letter and a writing sample (1-3 pages), to email@example.com.