Social Media Copywriting
Image Marketing Consultants is seeking an ambitious, creative, and detail-oriented intern to assist our social media team for the spring 2021 semester as a Social Media Copywriter!
This is a great opportunity to gain experience working with a dynamic, growing marketing agency. Image Marketing Consultants is a full-service marketing and PR agency based in Plantsville, working primarily with clients throughout the U.S. in the retail and lifestyle industries. This intern will have the opportunity to learn the ropes of social media marketing by supporting one of our largest accounts for a client in the shopping center industry. You will work directly with both our Account Management and Creative teams, with a primary focus on social media copywriting – creating compelling captions/written content for Instagram and Facebook.
We are looking for students who are studying marketing/communications, journalism, creative writing, or another related field and are eager to learn all about the world of social media marketing within an agency environment. You’ll work directly with our Account Management and Creative teams on the development of bi-weekly social media content calendars for our client, with a focus on copywriting. You will draft the written copy for social media posts, while learning about brand voice and overall social media strategy. Our ideal candidate is creative, self-motivated, and a skilled writer with the proven ability to draft compelling content!
This is a semester-long, unpaid internship. The expectation is approx.20 hours per week, with flexibility depending on the candidate’s availability.
What You’ll Do
- Write compelling captions (and other content as assigned) for social media posts (under direction of the Account Manager/Creative Director)
- Learn more about the strategy that goes into creating engaging social content, particularly crafting a brand’s tone of voice
- Assist our Social Media Account Manager on additional duties as needed (may include research, sourcing visual content, reporting on data, posting content, engaging on social platforms, and administrative duties)
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Has a passion for the retail/shopping industry
- Lives & breaths social media! Is up-to-date the latest social trends and best practices; likes to be the first to test out new platforms and features when they launch; follows best-in class brands to stay inspired and loves to work trending content seamlessly into various campaigns and strategies.
- Is a story-teller at heart with a passion for writing and content creation
- Is a highly-organized self-starter who can work independently
- Also has a collaborative attitude and isn’t afraid to jump in to help
- Solid understanding of social media platforms (specifically Instagram and Facebook) and best practices
- Some knowledge/experience writing for social media platforms
- A writing portfolio/samples of content including social media copywriting is a plus