This position offers a unique opportunity for someone to learn the financial communications/investor relations business.
IMS Investor Relations is a well-respected, growing boutique firm handling the investor relations/financial communications for small to mid-sized public companies.
This position would have exposure to all aspects of investor relations and would support experienced investor relations professionals. Primary responsibilities would include:
– Drafting/editing press releases
– Supporting quarterly earnings process including administering logistics, drafting, Q&A prep
– Sector and competitive research to proactively provide intelligence to clients
– Strategic investor targeting and outreach
– Handling investor inquiries
We are looking for someone with the following strengths:
– Extraordinary writer – We draft much of the corporate material for investors. The person must have strong writing and editing skills. Importantly, this is not a finance position. We don’t crunch numbers. Rather, we create the narrative around the numbers.
– Adept at Microsoft Office, Excel and PowerPoint (PowerPoint must be second nature, and a sense of design is a plus).
– Resourceful — We are a small, growing firm which provides an opportunity to support on more substantive work. Many projects will require the person to be a self starter and resourceful in order to move projects along with periodic oversight.
No experience is required, but a keen intellectual curiosity and a commitment to learning the investor relations/financial communications business is a must.
Submissions without a cover letter will not be considered.