Inkululeko’s mission is to provide South African township youth with the skills, support and guidance necessary to apply, attend and succeed in university; to challenge the bigotry of low expectations for township youth; and to provide sustainable, positive change; student-by-student, generation-by-generation.
The intern’s duties include:
- Come up with executable ideas for hard copy and electronic displays to showcase the work Inkululeko is doing in the Grahamstown, South Africa community.
- Devising an integrated social media strategy that works multiple platforms and engages and empowers people in the USA and South Africa around Inkululeko and its work.
- Collaborating occasionally with board members on focused tasks/assignments.
- Devising high impact, engaging fundraising ideas that galvanize communities and encourage participation and donations to Inkululeko.
- Establishing relationships with other community groups, college students, fraternities and sororities to further Inkululeko’s mission.
- Researching different foundations/grant makers/corporate responsibility programs to apply for funding.
- Working with Inkululeko staff to draft letters to send to current and potential supporters as well as grant makers and foundations.
- Communicating regularly with Jason Torreano via face-to-face meetings and communicating via e-mail, at least one time per week.
- Performing other duties as assigned.