INROADS Underwriting/Analytics Intern – Hartford, CT (Summer 2021)
Internships at UnitedHealth Group. If you want an intern experience that will dramatically shape your career, consider a company that’s dramatically shaping our entire health care system. UnitedHealth Group internship opportunities will provide a hands-on view of a rapidly evolving, incredibly challenging marketplace of ideas, products and services. You’ll work side by side with some of the smartest people in the business on assignments that matter. So here we are. You have a lot to learn. We have a lot to do. It’s the perfect storm. And even better? Join us and you may end up staying for a career in which you can do your life’s best work. SM
INROADS is the nation’s largest non-profit source of paid internships for undergraduate, diverse youth. By providing the skills, support, and network students need to obtain an internship at a top company, INROADS prepares students to lead and contribute to their organization. An INROADS Intern is an outstanding undergraduate college student pursuing a degree major in a field of study that will lead to a professional career in management. The student must be selected for membership in the program, maintain a B or better grade point average, participate in the training process and remain committed to the INROADS mission and goal.
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Employer & Individual. We all want to make a difference with the work we do. Sometimes we’re presented with an opportunity to make a difference on a scale we couldn’t imagine. Here, you get that opportunity every day. As a member of one of our elite teams, you’ll provide the ideas and solutions that help nearly 25 million customers live healthier lives. You’ll help write the next chapter in the history of health care. And you’ll find a wealth of open doors and career paths that will take you as far as you want to go. Go further. This is your life’s best work (SM).
**Housing and relocation assistance is not available for this position. **
(Possible virtual internship, but not guaranteed. Undetermined at this time due to pandemic circumstances)
**This Full-Time intern position will be available Summer 2021**
**UnitedHealth Group is not able to offer visa sponsorship now or in the future for this position**
Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
· Providing data analyst support for Healthplan Performance Reviews (HPRs)
· Running standard reports and analyzing data related to clinical patterns, diagnosis chapters, drivers, etc.
· Identifying specific cost drivers and analyzing utilization patterns
· Tracking data, cases, and reports in Excel and PowerPoint
· Lead ad-hoc analysis in support of Health Analytic Consultants and department projects
· Currently pursuing a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college/university during the duration of the internship. Internships are not intended for graduating seniors.
· Currently participating in the INROADS program
· Minimum 3.00 cumulative GPA
· Intermediate level of experience with Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
· Strong written and verbal presentation skills
· Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without company sponsorship, now or in the future, for employment-based work authorization (F-1 students with practical training and candidates requiring H-1Bs, TNs, etc. will not be considered)
· Currently pursuing a bachelor’s degree in Finance, Mathematics, Risk management, Actuarial, Business management/General business, or another related field
UnitedHealth Group is working to create the health care system of tomorrow.
Already Fortune 6, we are totally focused on innovation and change. We work a little harder. We aim a little higher. We expect more from ourselves and each other. And at the end of the day, we’re doing a lot of good.
Through our family of businesses and a lot of inspired individuals, we’re building a high-performance health care system that works better for more people in more ways than ever. Now we’re looking to reinforce our team with people who are decisive, brilliant – and built for speed.
Come to UnitedHealth Group, and share your ideas and your passion for doing more. We have roles that will fit your skills and knowledge. We have diverse opportunities that will fit your dreams.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Location: Hartford, CT
How do I apply for this opportunity?
· Apply to INROADS at https://inroads.org/internships/apply/
· Email resumes to Angela Karanja to email@example.com and to Tanaisha Brisbon at firstname.lastname@example.org. Submit resumes in word document format using the subject line – UHG Underwriting/Analytics Internship