The intern will work with fine artist Ivana George, to publish, exhibit and sell her art by helping with marketing and public relations projects. The intern will gain experience in public relations online and offline, customer prospecting and research, social media marketing, email marketing, and social media advertising campaigns on Facebook and Instagram. The student will be provided with educational content to build knowledge on these topics.
Due to the covid-19 pandemic this internship will be conducted remotely via video conference. Therefore applicants outside the geographic area (Boston, MA) where artist Ivana George resides will be considered. This is an unpaid internship for academic credit. Hours are flexible between Tuesdays- Saturdays. The commitment is 8-20 hours per week depending on the credits being earned by the student.
- Customer prospecting research
- Write email marketing campaigns
- Execute social media marketing campaigns
- Assist with setup of social media advertising campaigns
- Evaluate results of marketing efforts and help develop ideas for improvement of results
- Write press releases and create press kits for Ivana George’s art
- Send press kits to media and blogs to request publication of Ivana George’s art
- Follow up on press kits with emails and phone calls to media.
Seeking applicants with strong organizational skills, oral and written communication skills, computer skills, familiarity with Instagram and Facebook social media platforms, and the ability to work independently with direction but without constant supervision. Applicants within the eastern or central time zone will be preferred. Students with majors or minors in Visual Art, Business, Marketing, Entrepreneurship, Public Relations, and Digital Communications will be preferred but all applicants are welcome to apply.
Applicants are requested to submit a cover letter, resume, and an expository writing sample. A transcript showing relevant course work in marketing, communications, public relations or entrepreneurship would be greatly appreciated.