Research/Analytical Chemist (Specialty Markets)
Location- Norwalk, CT
King Industries is actively looking to hire a Research/Analytical Chemist within our Specialty Markets Group (SMG). Ideal candidates should have a Bachelor of Science or a master’s degree in Chemistry and/or Organic Chemistry, as well as a basic understanding of chemical analytical techniques. The candidate must have familiarity with current Windows-based software for spreadsheet manipulation, data handling and graphics composition.
- Must have a background in organic synthesis.
- Must have a background in analytical chemistry.
- Must be able to work independently
- Must be able to effectively communicate with technical service, engineering, sales, and marketing.
- Must be a self-starter, driven by an internal desire to succeed with a strong sense of urgency.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be creative and resourceful.
2. Education and Experience Requirements:
· B.S. or M.S. in Chemistry, Organic Chemistry.
· Basic understanding of laboratory synthetic preparations.
· Basic understanding of chemical analytical techniques.
· Familiarity with current Windows-based software for spreadsheet manipulation, data handling and graphics composition.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for analytical and quality control of SMG intermediates, and products.
- Provide analytical support when necessary for additional King departments as directed.
- Maintain accurate records or databases of all analysis preformed.
- Responsible for the operation, researching and development of analytical techniques specific to SMG, and R&D instrumentation.
- Responsible for the daily operation and maintenance of SMG and R&D analytical instrumentation.
- Coordinate with the maintenance department, process, or analytical equipment vendors as required to ensure analytical instrumentation and equipment is functioning properly.
- Responsible for researching, planning, and designing synthetic and analytical experiments.
- Develop and or implement detailed research plans and projects.
- Perform laboratory synthetic reactions and analysis of reactions and products.
- Submit detailed monthly reports outlining performance and activities every two months or on needed basis.
- Present summaries of research progress at internal meetings.
- Provide analytical assistance to other King departments as required.
- Participation in company safety and other training programs
- Participates in Company wide effort to promote quality assurance in compliance with ISO 9001, ISO 14001, & ISO 45001:2018.
- Maintain a general knowledge of ISO 9001, ISO 14001 & ISO 45001:2018 requirements.
To apply, please submit your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.