Position: A member of the AmeriCorps VISTA program will engage in a year of national service at Lawyers’ Committee for Better Housing, serving as its Pro Bono Projects VISTA.
- Coordinates efforts to recognize volunteers for their service to increase volunteer retention and enhance their engagement with organization;
- Streamlines LCBH’s volunteer attorney/law student onboarding and training process
- Supports Pro Bono Coordinator in expanding LCBH’s volunteer recruitment efforts
- Assists with tracking and assessment of pro bono engagement and hours in order to improve the effectiveness and capacity of LCBH’s pro bono program
- Improves client referral and management protocols to ensure volunteer attorneys are appropriately supported throughout their legal caseQualifications:Bachelor’s degreeExcellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
Term of Service: November 12, 2019 to November 10, 2020
Living allowance ($1,178/month), choice of Education Award ($6,195) or End of Service Stipend ($1,800), Non-Competitive Eligibility status upon successful completion of service, transit pass ($105/month), healthcare allowance, and relocation payment ($750 if eligible).
Other Considerations: VISTAs may have outside employment and pursue an education, as long as it does not interfere with service responsibilities and is approved by a supervisor.
Candidates must submit a VISTA application by September 29, 2019 through the MyAmeriCorps website, found at the following address: https://my.americorps.gov/mp/listing/viewListing.do?id=90646&fromSearch=true* To qualify for AmeriCorps VISTA, you must be a U.S. citizen, U.S. national, or lawful permanent resident.