The Advisor Consultant role is for early career professionals who are eager to kick-start their careers and gain a broad range of skills necessary for continued success. You’ll begin with a comprehensive training program where you’ll gain invaluable experiences focused on client relationship management, consultative sales, and practice management. You’ll then join our Advisor Consultant desk helping to grow our business and to serve our existing clients within a particular region. As an Advisor Consultant, you’ll receive performance reviews and actionable feedback.
Advisor Consultants are responsible for proactively engaging Financial Advisors within a defined geographic territory in an effort to enrich existing relationships, identify cross-selling opportunities, and originate new producers. Advisor Consultants help represent Lord Abbett to our client base and thus go through a rigorous and industry-leading training program which covers investment markets, investment products and presentation skills in addition to sponsorship for Series 7, 66, and SIE licenses. Advisor Consultants work in partnership with an assigned Regional Manager in an ongoing effort to elevate the investment conversation by thoughtfully positioning our products.
We’ll Trust You To
- Proactively contact financial advisors to communicate actionable sales ideas and business-building opportunities
- Partner with one or more Regional Managers to manage and grow an assigned territory
- Articulate a deep knowledge of mutual funds, separately managed accounts, and retirement products
- Demonstrate a deep understanding of all Lord Abbett Market & Product Opportunity Presentations (MPOs)
- Engage with Marketing to execute outbound phone call campaigns
- Understand current market conditions and the potential impact on our investment products
You’ll Need to Have
- 0-3 years relevant experience in the financial services industry
- Ability to obtain the Series 7, 66, and SIE licenses within the designated time frame
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- The aptitude to learn and adapt quickly in a rapidly changing environment
- Real ambition to pursue a client-facing career, with a strong interest in relationship management and sales
- Ability to develop client relationships and strategic partnerships
Why Lord Abbett?
Lord Abbett is one of the fastest-growing global asset managers with approximately $250 billion in assets under management. We were named one of the Best Places to Work in Money Management for 2020 by Pensions & Investments, as well as a Best Place to Work in the Human Rights Campaign’s 2021 Corporate Equality Index. Our employees share a passion for excellence in serving our diverse range of clients – individuals, advisors, and institutions across the globe who rely on us to deliver innovative investment solutions that help them secure stronger financial futures. We seek to hire a diverse group of talented individuals who are committed to driving our vision to be the most respected asset manager in the world, fulfilling our commitment to global corporate citizenship, and achieving our mission of securing a sustainable future for our clients, our people, and our world.