· Performs a variety of accounting and bookkeeping duties according to established policies and procedures.
· Utilizes computerized accounting software programs (experience in Quickbooks preferred) to perform duties and responsibilities.
· Preparation of payroll and filing of payroll tax returns.
· Issue invoices to customers
· Ensure that receivables are collected promptly
· Pay supplier invoices in a timely manner
· Pay any debt as it comes due for payment
· Maintains telephone and personal contact with all staff and vendors on receivable and payable matters as directed by manager.
· Conduct periodic reconciliations of all accounts to ensure their accuracy
· Maintain an orderly accounting filing system
· Maintain general ledger accounts by adjusting entries for amortization and prepaid expenses; prepares fixed asset depreciation and accruals; reconciles cash daily.
· Comply with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements
· Organizes and maintains up to date financial records and provides account statements and reports as required by manager
· Assists in financial management and analysis, as requested.
· Organizes and maintains retention files for required period of time.
· Provide clerical and administrative support to management as requested
· Strong technical and organizational skills in addition to excellent written and verbal communication skills, in a professional environment.
· A high level of loyalty, integrity, accuracy, dependability, enthusiasm, and confidentiality.
· Excellence driven; stretches to improve performance; achieves best possible results in each endeavor
· Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Word, and Outlook).
· Thoughtful; ensures a positive and energizing atmosphere expressed through words and actions; recognize and adjusts impacts on others to interact effectively.