Executive Office of Health and Human Services (EOHHS) is now accepting applications for the #200007CW- Commissioner (one full-time opening), the complete job posting is now live on MassCareers (www.mass.gov/masscareers). This job posting will remain active for 30 days; and first consideration will be given to those applicants that apply within the first 14 days.
Job Announcement Sign Language Video: https://youtu.be/g3cZTeFSRH0
We are excited to let you know that we are launching a search for a new Commissioner of MCDHH. We are seeking an experienced, dynamic and strategic administrator to lead the principal agency in the Commonwealth on behalf of people of all ages who are deaf and hard of hearing. This executive level leadership position performs a variety of functions including overall management, vision, and strategic direction of the Massachusetts Commission for the Deaf and Hard of Hearing (MCDHH).
The Commissioner is responsible for instituting effective program management to encompass the assessment of all services and programs representing the Commonwealth’s 1.3 million Deaf, late deafened and hard of hearing people. MCDHH programs include, but are not limited to, Interpreter and CART Referral, Communication Access Training and Technology Services, Case Management and Social Services, Independent Living Services, and Special projects in accordance with interagency collaboration, interdepartmental agreements, and grants.
The successful candidate will be a thoughtful leader, skilled communicator, and a change agent to continue the work of the agency in accordance with its statutory mission, and will be responsible for administration and oversight of an annual budget of $6.8 million. The Commissioner reports directly to the Secretary of Health and Human Services.
Overview of preferred qualifications:
- Fluency in American Sign Language (ASL), per statutory mandate
- Eight plus years of experience with services and programs for the deaf, late deafened and hard of hearing, program management, and service delivery
- Exceptional management, leadership, communication, strategic planning, project management, visionary, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to develop and implement effective stakeholder strategies and to promote a culture of partnership, transparency, and inclusion
- Record of managing a team of professional staff including, senior level directors; Ability to lead, inspire and empower demonstrating confidence and executive presence
How to Apply:
Interested applicants should attach a cover letter and resume when applying. To apply and see the complete job posting please visit www.mass.gov/masscareers
- For new applicants/new to MassCareers, you first need to create an applicant profile. The Commonwealth offers this guide to assist you, MassCareers Create a Profile guide
- For returning applicants, or after you created your MassCareers profile, there is another guide to help you apply for the Commissioner position, MassCareers Apply for a Job guide
This is wonderful opportunity to lead the MCDHH team. Please share this announcement with your professional network and encourage a diverse pool of applicants.