Our internship program reflects our mission to inspire people to care for and protect our ocean planet through conservation, education and research. Internships are available fall, spring and summer in most departments, allowing students of all ages to experience the unique character of the Aquarium and enhance their personal and professional development.
Each semester is approximately 16 weeks long. The spring semester runs from January to May, summer from May to August and fall from September to December. Exact start and end dates may be flexible as determined by the departmental needs and interns’ schedule.
Our research team conducts research in many aspects of marine animal health, husbandry, ecology and conservation. This is accomplished through detailed analysis of behavior, specimens, data records and a combination of field, in-house and laboratory-based research projects that focus on animal census, behavior, ecology, infectious disease, neuro-immunology and physiology.
- Record, observe, describe and analyze animal behavior
- Prepare chemical solutions and biological reagents
- Assist with specimen collection
- Management of biological specimens
- Assist with biological assays and experiments
- Data entry and database management
- Data analysis, table and graph construction
- Report writing
Internship Application Deadlines:
Spring Semester (January-May) – September 30
Summer Semester (June-August) – January 31
Fall Semester (September-December) – May 31