MANAGEMENT ROTATION INTERNSHIP PROGRAM
New Neighborhoods is a non-profit, affordable housing provider that is building hope and opportunity through development and management of quality affordable housing and resident-centered services. Since 1967, New Neighborhoods has been committed to improving the quality of life in communities with affordable housing and services that provide a safety net and springboard to economic self-sufficiency for families, veterans, and seniors throughout Fairfield County and Connecticut.
*** We currently have FIVE full-time employees who started our organization as Interns!***
The Management Rotation Internship Program is a six month program designed over the first three to four months for individuals to be trained on a rotating schedule in multiple divisions of our organization including, Accounting, Compliance & Occupancy, Property Management and Tenant Advocacy. Job assignments may also include Marketing, Information Technology, Human Resources and/or Graphic Design based on the intern’s education and experience.
After completing the rotation period, the organization will evaluate the intern’s strengths and interest and cross reference with the company’s needs to create assignments that will match up the intern where they can be most productive. Our goal is to allow interns to gain deeper knowledge in a few specific areas over the course of their internship.
New Neighborhood’s goal is to create a learning and challenging experience for our interns by giving them real life business experience. Our mission includes supporting the long-term growth of our employees including a developmental experience for our interns, with the ultimate opportunity of consideration for full-time employment opportunities within our organization.
Intern Responsibilities – Including but not limited to the following:
· Report to management and assist with all aspects of the position assigned.
· These positions are administrative in nature with focuses in some or all of the following concentrations: accounting, compliance & occupancy, property management, tenant advocacy, marketing, information technology, human resources and/or graphic design.
· Provides residents, vendors and employees with the highest quality of service.
· Assist with initial, annual and interim recertification’s in addition to retroactive rent-calculations while conforming to HUD, LIHTC, Affirmative Fair Housing regulations and guidelines, as well as Federal, State and City government regulations and guidelines.
· Learn and ensure regulatory compliance, annual re-certifications and annual filing as it pertains to Section 42 LIHTC properties tax credit recertification processes, RAP, DECD and HUD project based and choice vouchers.
· Handle income and rent calculations for tenants using HUD and LIHTC formulas.
· Receive and process tenant rent collections, delinquencies, late notices and posting rents.
· Assists residents and applicants with inquiries and questions regarding LIHTC, HUD, compliance and affordable housing availability.
· Participate in training including LIHTC, Compliance, Fair Housing, HUD, NCHM, CHFA, DOH, Real Page and other training seminars as requested by your manager.
· Provide coverage for Property Managers, Assistant Property Managers, or other New Neighborhoods personnel as needed during changes in workflow and personnel during vacations and/or other extended absences.
· Assist with recertifications, vacancies, delinquencies and other property management duties.
· Complete other tasks, duties and/or special projects as assigned by your supervisor.
Education, Experience, Skills and Other Requirements:
· Bachelor’s Degree or higher preferred. Recent Graduates or someone who is scheduled to graduate with their bachelor’s degree within the next three months.
· Demonstrated ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures and/or governmental regulations.
· Ability to advocate, organize, problem-solve and provide.
· Strong written and oral interpersonal and communication skills.
· Ability to work independently, organizes tasks, manage time and prioritize projects.
· Must be proficient with Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, and Outlook).
· Must be a team player who acts and presents themselves in a professional manner, pays attention to detail and is very enthusiastic and reliable.