Reporting to Senior Management with varying degrees of latitude for independent initiative, judgment, and decision making, the successful candidate will perform professional, complex, and responsible program management, field operations work, outreach, and community engagement on Department sustainable waste management programs and initiatives including:
· Overseeing the coordinated development of informational materials, online tools, and public education strategies aimed at promoting donations of durable goods and food in New York City.
· Managing online tools, workflow processes, and communications pertaining to donations; gathering and analyzing related data regularly.
· Researching, evaluating, and making recommendations on program implementation and operational planning.
· Preparing comprehensive reports and presentations on the status of programs and the results of research studies.
· Serving as Department liaison with the reuse sector.
· Coordinating within the Department and with other City Agencies to plan for and trouble-shoot donations management during disaster.
Developing contacts within City government and with other recycling and waste management professionals.