Have you ever wanted to modernize the brand and bottle design for an iconic beer company? How about discovering the next big energy drink? When you’re in a store, what catches your eye and motivates you to buy a certain product? With BASES, you’ll use your analytical and consultative skills to help clients like Coca-Cola, MillerCoors, Procter & Gamble, and more successfully launch new products faster, more effectively, and more consistently.
With best in class research and predictive analytical tools, BASES, the worldwide leader in analyzing and consulting on new consumer products, remains at the core of our clients’ new product launch strategies. We work with clients at all stages of new product development, from early-stage ideation to developing optimal messaging, fresh packaging design, and predicting in-market sales. At BASES, you will work with industry-leading marketers and see your work come to life.
As an Intern, you’ll leverage analytical and consultative skills to drive comprehensive end-to-end consumer insights, enabling our clients to make faster, smarter, and better decisions to help their business grow.
- Full-Time assignment for 13 weeks from January through April on the BASES team
- Development of personal and professional skills through training, networking, and mentoring relationships
- Assignments that are designed to stretch your skills and to support your professional development by providing clear goals and actionable feedback on your performance
- Direct pipeline into Full-Time Analyst position upon graduation. While the internship is remote, the full time locations available upon graduation include the following: Chicago, IL; Cincinnati, OH; Parsippany, NJ; Needham, MA; Wilton, CT
- Execute marketing research studies by compiling, analyzing, and interpreting marketing research data, writing client reports, and constructing presentations
- Generate initial draft of diagnostic analyses and reports, summarizing outcomes, conclusions, and recommendations in a concise, client-friendly manner
- Support client teams in meeting revenue goals by developing strong insights and delivering excellent project work that results in repeat business
- Pursuing a Bachelor’s Degree in an analytically or human insights focused field including but not limited to Economics, Psychology, Marketing, Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics, Social Sciences, Business or Liberal Arts
- Utilization of statistical applications that may include but are not limited to SPSS, R, Stata, etc.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint)
- 3.0 cumulative GPA minimum
- Junior level classification
- Permanent U.S. work authorization
- Passion for understanding consumers and market research
- Demonstrated project management skills and ability to manage multiple priorities
- Leadership in extracurriculars on campus or in your community
- Demonstrated interpersonal, written, and communication skills
- Demonstrated organizational and problem-solving skills
ABOUT NIELSEN GLOBAL CONNECT
Our data and insights are the essential foundation that shapes markets for retailers and manufacturers. Nielsen Global Connect empowers manufacturers and retailers to make bold decisions and transform their businesses with trusted data, solutions, and insights designed to drive progress.
Nielsen is committed to reflecting the diversity of the clients, communities, and markets we measure within our own workforce. We exist to count everyone and are on a mission to systematically embed inclusion and diversity into all aspects of our workforce, measurement, and products. We enthusiastically invite candidates who share that mission to join us.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other protected class. Our global non-discrimination policy covers these protected classes in every market in which we do business worldwide.
Learn more about how we are driving diversity and inclusion in everything we do by visiting the Nielsen News Center: http://sites.nielsen.com/newscenter/category/diversity/