Have you ever walked down an aisle in your local Target and wondered why your favorite beverage or food product moved? Have you ever wanted to modernize the brand and bottle design for an iconic beer company? When you’re in a store, what catches your eye and motivates you to buy a certain product? As a NielsenIQ Analyst, you’ll use your analytical and consultative skills to help clients such as Target, MillerCoors and Procter & Gamble make better, faster, and smarter decisions.
As a Commercial Analyst, you will:
- Connect the dots for our clients using our world-class analytics
- Provide insights that clients can use to drive their business forward
- See your recommendations in action as you see products on the shelves or experience your client’s advertising
- Participate in exclusive professional development opportunities focused on gaining a business perspective, diversity, inclusive leadership, and continuous mentorship
- Make a difference by becoming a problem solver, a consultant, and the voice of NielsenIQ’s inclusive culture for our clients
A Little Bit About You
Not only do you enjoy working with data on a daily basis, but you also take pride in your ability to create a story from the numbers and are comfortable answering questions about your recommendations. You are someone who values working on a diverse, inclusive team and can provide our clients with innovative solutions. You constantly seek to learn new things, value diverse thought, and contribute to an inclusive team-oriented work environment. Change excites you. Curiosity, communication, and critical thinking drive your work.
- Bachelor’s Degree in an analytically or human insights focused field including but not limited to Economics, Psychology, Marketing, Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics, Social Sciences, Business or Liberal Arts
- Utilization of statistical applications which may include but are not limited to SPSS, R, Stata, etc.
- 3.0 cumulative GPA minimum
- 0-2 years of professional work experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint)
- Permanent U.S. work authorization
- Strong critical thinking skills demonstrated via a case study during the selection process
- Leadership in extracurriculars on campus or in your community
- Demonstrated an active role in seeking input from diverse thoughts, backgrounds, and outcomes
- Passion for understanding consumers and market research
- Passion for learning and applying new technologies to business solutions
- Proven problem-solving skills using deductive reasoning, understanding hierarchical relationships, and identifying gaps in logic
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated project management skills and ability to manage multiple priorities