Spearheads the Technology & Life Sciences Departments (TLS) compliance controls and on-going quality assurance for high volume programs, coordinates data transfer with government partners, and assures updates and adherence to program processes and requirements.
$43,127 – $53,909
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Performs compliance reviews as per Standard Operating Procedures on all TLS products, liaisons with Legal Affairs for select approvals, and logs all completed reviews for continuous tracking.
- Logs and reconciles all Angel Investor Tax Credit applications including the association of application fees and program type in EDA’s application and transaction management system, monitors and updates application status and program inbox, and performs periodical statistical analysis and activity memorandums for the Program Lead and Director.
- Audits Angel Investor Tax Credit approval program files to ensure documentation is recorded and filed as per Standard Operating Procedures and liaisons with government partners to transfer necessary documentation.
- Assumes superuser expertise for EDA’s application and transaction management system. Runs, reviews, and distributes reports assuring system compliance and accuracy. Updates missing information and or liaisons with relevant team members to provide on-going quality assurance.
- Promotes teamwork and communication to encourage an interactive, cooperative, collaborative, and customer focused work environment among division, EDA staff, and external customers.
- Must complete annual and semiannual self-assessment as required.
- Performs other duties or special projects, as assigned.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Must possess excellent attention to detail. Prior Quality Assurance experience strongly preferred
- Ability to prioritize workload, must be highly organized, detail-oriented, handle various tasks simultaneously, and work independently within limited time constraints with little or no supervision
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing; proficient in grammar, spelling and editing; and foster communications with business professionals and EDA staff
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality and deal effectively and diplomatically with business professionals and EDA staff
- Must be able to work independently
- Demonstrates respectful behavior and promotes teamwork and communication to encourage an interactive, cooperative, collaborative and customer focused work environment among division, EDA staff and external customers
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and the ability to learn new software packages
- Prior experience with Microsoft Dynamics Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software preferred
Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelors Degree, and/or equivalent professional experience in Business or Bookkeeping
- Two to five years’ experience in a business environment with some finance and/or accounting experience; administrative experience preferred
- One to three years’ experience with Microsoft Dynamics and running Advanced search queries/reports
Advanced degree or industry specific certification may be substituted for 1 year of experience
- Ability to work outside normal business hours, as needed
- As necessary to events, meetings, businesses, etc.
Certificates and Licenses Required
- Valid driver’s license
The examples of work for this title are for illustrative purposes only. A position using this title may not perform all duties listed in this job description. Conversely, all duties performed on the job may not be listed. This job description is intended to convey information essential to understanding the scope, general nature and level of work performed by job holders within this job. This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of qualifications, skills, efforts, duties, responsibilities or working conditions associated with the position.
Your employment at NJEDA is voluntary and subject to termination by you or NJEDA at will, with or without cause, or with or without notice, at any time. Nothing in this job description shall be interpreted to conflict, eliminate or modify the employment-at-will status of NJEDA employees.
This position is considered exempt and is excluded from minimum wage, overtime regulations, and other rights and protections afforded nonexempt workers under the FLSA.
NJEDA reserves the right to amend/revise this job description as necessary to meet current and changing business needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer
- Foreign degrees/transcripts must be evaluated by a reputable evaluation service at your own expense and must be submitted prior to a start date. If this cannot be provided within 21 days of an offer the offer will be rescinded.
- Must comply with the “New Jersey First Act” which requires employees hired after September 1, 2011 to reside in New Jersey. Non-New Jersey resident employees must relocate to New Jersey within one year of their date of hire and provide proof of residency to Human Resources.
- Must complete an Outside Activity Questionnaire (disclosure of outside office or employment) on an annual basi