The Community Navigator is a split position serving the needs of patients receiving care from the Consult Telepsychiatry Team and who are beneficiaries of Healthy Life Resources. The Community Navigator works as part of a multi-disciplinary team. The Community Navigator provides discharge coordination for individuals who are being discharged from an acute care setting. The Community Navigator also provides on-going navigational services to beneficiaries of Healthy Life Resources. Healthy Life Resources is a direct-to-employer behavioral health, population health service. Navigational Services are provided through a population-based approach as well as individual interventions.
Create and maintain a statewide resource guide for children, adults and families
• Collateral contact as appropriate and as requested by clinicians
• Discharge planning from an acute care setting includes but is not limited to:
o Making appointments
o Making referrals to new service providers
o Setting up transportation to initial appointments, as necessary
o Statewide acute psychiatric hospitalization bed searches and referrals
o Referrals to crisis units
o Referrals to aftercare with crisis services
o Participation in Care Coordination Unit calls for patients stuck in acute care settings
• Provide support for patient and family centered continuity of care services for patients undergoing transitions of care.
• Assist with providing patient and family with optimal linkage to community resources by facilitating referrals to appropriate service.
• Completion and faxing of Notice of Assessment and Clinical instructions form when patient is being discharged
• Provide case management support using a population health perspective
• Complete basic documentation functions.
• Collaborate with Healthy Life Resource team on population health management, including identifying social determinants of health that impact care.
• Work collaboratively to improve quality of patient care through facilitating the efficient use of resources thereby enhancing quality, cost-effective outcomes.
• Advocate for an individual’s healthcare needs and coordinate care to minimize the fragmentation of health delivery systems. This position is committed to the constant pursuit of excellence in improving the health status of the community.
• Collaboration with community service providers and internal health professionals
Competencies and skills:
* 5+ years of relative work experience required.
* Achieves Results: Sets high standards for their own outcomes and seizes opportunities to engage others towards objectives. Consistently moves forward with direct actions in order to attain or exceed objectives. Manages their own time effectively to accomplish assigned tasks. Successfully prioritizes multiple projects and duties as needed.
* Behaves with Integrity and Builds Trust: Acts consistently in line with the core values, commitments and rules of conduct. Leads by example and tells the truth. Does what they say they will, when and how they say they will, or communicates an alternate plan.
* Cultivates Respect: Treats others fairly, embraces and values differences, and contributes to a culture of diversity, inclusion, empowerment and cooperation.
* Experience with MySQL, Oracle, SAP, SQL Server.
* Fosters Accountability: Creates and participates in a work environment where people hold themselves and others accountable for processes, results and behaviors. Takes appropriate ownership not only of successes but also mistakes and works to correct them in a timely manner. Demonstrates understanding that we all work as a team and the quality and timeliness of work impacts everyone involved.
* Spreadsheet application with the ability to use calculations, formulas, graphing tools, pivot tables, and a macro programming.
* Email application with the ability to manage email as well as calendars, managing tasks and contacts, note taking, journaling, and web browsing.
* Word process application with the ability to create and edit documents, format, use tables, apply footnoting, create table of contents and mail merge techniques.
* Practices Compassion: Exhibits genuine care for people and is available and ready to help; displays a deep awareness of and strong willingness to relieve the suffering of others.
* Bachelor’s Degree
* Potential exposure to noise levels being uncomfortable.
* Potential exposure to very hot or cold temperatures.
Northern Light Acadia Hospital is an acute care, regional psychiatric hospital in Bangor, Maine that is a leader in the provision of tele-psychiatry services, including consultations to regional emergency departments and primary care practices. Northern Light Acadia Hospital offers innovative programming in the form of a behavioral home health, integrated behavioral healthcare in primary care practices, and a geriatric mood and memory clinic, which is involved in multiple clinical trials for promising Alzheimer’s medications. The hospital is the sole corporate member of Northern Light Acadia Healthcare that provides a substance use disorder treatment program, case management services, and other outpatient mental health services in Penobscot, Waldo, and Knox counties. Northern Light Acadia Healthcare is the sole member of Restorative Health, LLC that operates an outpatient mental health clinic in Bangor. Northern Light Acadia Hospital is a member of Northern Light Health, an integrated statewide health delivery system that is raising the bar with no-nonsense solutions that are leading the way to a healthier future for our state. Northern Light Health offers a broad range of providers and services, including nine hospitals, primary care and specialty physician practices, long-term care, home health and hospice agencies, and emergency ground and air transport.
Bangor, Maine is a vibrant small city with easy access to Maine’s spectacular coast, mountains, and lakes. Schools rank among New England’s best with the flagship campus of the University of Maine located in the neighboring town of Orono. Bangor serves as the regional hub for medicine, the arts, and commerce. Bangor International Airport offers direct and one-stop service to most major destinations.
Equal Opportunity EmploymentWe are an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, disability status, gender, sexual orientation, ancestry, protected veteran status, national origin, genetic information or any other legally protected status