Integrated Pest Management (IPM) Technician for Medford Nursery in Medford, NJ
Full-time, Year-round positions with benefits
Medford Nursery with over 400 + acres in Medford, NJ is the premier grower/supplier for top quality container plants in the Northeast market.
Apply chemicals in accordance with directives of the IPM Manager, Nursery, and State regulations.
Responsible for chemical applications. To apply chemicals accurately and safely per direction of the manager:
- At the proper rate and concentration.
- To the proper target crop.
- In an effective manner, under effective conditions.
- With the proper equipment.
- In coordination with other departments so as to effectively accomplish the program goals with minimal Interference to other activities.
- In a safe manner with appropriate personal protective equipment.
- Coordinate necessary activity with Irrigation department.
- Monitor post herbicide application irrigation.
- Monitor crops for IPM needs.
- Inventory chemicals and personal protection equipment.
- Maintain proper housekeeping standards in material storage areas and vehicles.
- Report any issues with equipment to manager.
- Check emergency shower locations monthly to ensure functionality.
- Other duties assigned
- Experience, education in the area of pest management
- Ability to work in inclement weather conditions
- Labor intensive position
- Safe driving record