The primary goal of a Food Waste Solution Specialist (Commodity Sales Executive) is to find recycling solutions for our manufacturing clients’ food and other organic waste streams.
Responsibilities can include:
- Strategizing and executing long-term, group marketing projects
- Negotiating deals with composters, feed mills, farms, digesters, renderers, and other food waste companies across the US & Canada
- Coordinating recycling service and transportation logistics
- Drafting contractual documents for ongoing service
- Acting as an expert in food waste markets and service equipment
- Building and managing relationships with key recycling partners
- Expanding our network of food and other organic waste recyclers
- Conducting on-site food recycling facility reviews across the US & Canada
Key Selection Criteria:
Successful candidates should have extremely strong interpersonal and problem-solving abilities, including:
- Negotiation effectiveness
- Phone communication: comfort & skill, particularly with cold calls
- Creative thinking
- Attention to detail, especially with coordinating logistics
All candidates with a college degree are welcome, and no specific experience is required as we provide training and coaching for our team members.
Valid Driver’s License required to complete outlet visits.
This position can be completed remotely and is based on East Coast working hours (9AM-5PM ET), though there is a team hub and office located in Venice, CA. As we anticipate the continued growth of Northstar Recycling, we are looking to have our next Food Waste Solution Specialist start with us in the first quarter of 2022.
Both internal and external job applicants are welcome to apply.