About the internship:
- The HMP is an extensive paid summer internship open to current undergraduate college students whose expected graduation date is between December 2021 and August 2022.
- The HMP internship is a 10-week program built to immerse our Summer Associates in all aspects of healthcare administration and operations in one of our participating hospitals, clinical service lines, departments or healthcare-related businesses.
- Summer Associates are partnered with a hand-picked mentor to teach and guide them through their internship experience.
The HMP internship could be the first stepping stone in your career journey and can lead to many opportunities at Northwell, including prime consideration for a full-time job in our Management Associate Program (MAP) post-graduation.
Following orientation, you will work with your carefully selected mentor on meaningful finance and operations projects that positively impact our patients and communities. You will also experience:
- Exposure & networking with executive leadership
- Meaningful hands-on project work and assignments
- Weekly didactic educational sessions
- Attendance at top-level decision-making meetings
- Team building activities
- End of summer Alumni Networking Event where you can meet with executives and HMP Alumni
- And so much more
Submit your application at the links above along with a resume, at least one letter of reference and a 250 word or less statement of interest stating why you are interested in the Healthcare Management Program Internship and what your career aspirations are. All are required to be considered for the program.