OMNI Food Sales is a Brand Advocate based in the Bronx, New York looking for an outgoing, personable candidate to be the Retail Sales Rep. We have been privately owned and operated for over 20 years. Our business is mostly in the meat, deli, dairy, and frozen departments of the supermarket. We proudly service the “Metro NY” market which includes ShopRite, Key Foods, FoodTown, and all independents- Associated, Compare, Met, Pioneer, Kings,
Fairway, Morton Williams, Gristedes, D’Agostino’s, Western Beef, Bogopa, Fine Fare, C-Town, etc. and are happily expanding to the New England market which includes- Stop & Shop, Big Y, Shaw’s in Connecticut, Boston, and all of Massachusetts.
The ideal candidate will be comfortable in sales, want to learn new ways of doing things in the food business, and act as a team player. The Retail Sales Rep will report directly to the Retail Supervisor. The position will require working in the field visiting different customers. There will be no weekly scheduled office time, except for time working remotely to organize your notes. May be called into the office for meetings occasionally. Reps are free to use the OMNI office for desk space, the copy machine, etc.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have familiarity with the customer base and buyers in the meat, deli, dairy, grocery, and frozen departments in the majority of Metro NY/ New England supermarket/distributors.
- Have great time management, communication, and reporting skills.
- Be fully functional on a computer/smartphone- Microsoft Outlook, Go Spot Check is our retail software program
- Have thick skin- will be able to communicate clearly with principals and customers- who sometimes do not see things the same way. Act as the ‘middle man’ to bring two sides together to make a deal.
- Have patience working with people inside and out of the company.
- Operate FAST. Speed is one of our best attributes. We can do things faster than other brokers.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to: some supermarket store work, building displays in stores, meeting with purchasing directors of different customers, retail audits, presenting new items, informing customers of upcoming sales, securing product distributions, gaining pre-orders.
Put protocols into place to track success at accounts. Undoubtedly we are seeking someone to represent us in a professional, friendly, and respectful manner.
- Will be assigned a route of stores- approximately 100 – inside a territory and will ‘call’ on those stores via in person visits.
- Utilize “Activity Based Management” managing time and resources are spent on each line based on what they are worth to the company.
- Strategy- Help Business Managers, Retail Reps, and Admin Staff with strategies to reach volume goals. Help problem solve, offer solutions. Be Proactive.
- Principal Calls- Riding with the Regional Sales Managers as needed
- Ride with each retail rep on TEAM OMNI to gain an understanding of their accounts, territories, and responsibilities.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and smooth- running car
- Hours: Mon-Fri 8-5
- 100% Salary based, not based on commission
- Salary paid weekly
- Expense form submitted monthly to reimburse for miles travelled, all tolls, and any other expenses related to the job.
- Benefits package will be explained upon interview
To apply, email email@example.com by January 1, 2021.