POSITION TITLE: Visual Psychophysics Associate
LOCATION: Andover, MA
DEPARTMENT: Research & Development
Customer Service • Leadership • Accountability • Results Oriented • Innovation • Teamwork • You
See Ora with CLARITY
Ora Clinical is a full-service pre-clinical and clinical ophthalmic drug and device development firm. We’re known for our deeply rooted ophthalmology expertise, with a global team dedicated to bringing ophthalmic innovations to market. We provide proven pre-clinical and clinical models, powerful technology-based methods, and regulatory strategies across a broad variety of projects. We offer a comprehensive range of services characterized by our values of customer service, leadership, accountability, results, innovation, teamwork and you!
At Ora, we know a diverse workforce adds to our collective value and strength as an organization. People of color, the LGBTQIA+ community, disabled candidates and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Ora Clinical is proud to be an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to equal employment opportunity and fair, equitable compensation regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, a disability or protected veteran status.
SUMMARY OF POSITION: Ora is seeking a Visual Psychophysics Associate with experience writing programs for visual tasks such as flicker fusion, color vision, fix & follow, with an interest in saccades and applying visual psychophysiology activities of daily life (ADL). This is in context of creating new methodologies to approve ophthalmic drugs, improving visual acuity while being given an opportunity to be trained and mentored by leaders in the ophthalmic field of study. The right candidate will be a recent graduate with a strong interest in working with internal teams to provide them with technology to measure the changes in subjects and the function of the eye
- Assist with literature searches and support interaction with the scientific community
- Contribute to the development of visual psychophysical testing in diseased eyes
- Assist with designing experiments using a programming library
- Work with prominent clinical research ophthalmologist, optometrist and PhDs in the development and design of various experiments
- Responsibilities may differ slightly from the above based on specific needs of the business.
- Clear and sustained demonstration of the Ora Clinical’s Values of Customer Service, Leadership, Accountability, Results Oriented, Innovation and Teamwork.
- Bachelor’s degree in Life Sciences with experience in Experimental Psychology. Course work will be considered
ADDITIONAL SKILLS and ATTRIBUTES:
- Experience with visual experimental psychology is preferred
- Ability to understand various types of ophthalmic diseases and design experiences that will detect a disease state and compare to a normal subject
- Ophthalmology and/or medical imaging and psychophysiology background is desirable
- Detailed oriented with a strong interest in visual acuity is a must
- Strong research and communication skills