Join our Digital Technology Internship Program in Summer 2021!
Internships at Otis are rewarding and challenging, providing you with the opportunity to learn, grow, and develop through meaningful projects that drive our business. Our comprehensive internship program will allow you to gain hands-on experience and broaden your technical, communication, and business acumen skills. You’ll be immersed in the Otis culture where we collaborate to best serve our customers; and where we empower and inspire each other through support, autonomy and trust.
The Otis World Headquarters Digital Technology Internship Program (DTIP) provides valuable exposure to the broad range of digital and technical functions within the Otis business while allowing early-in-career talent to build on their skills, knowledge, and experience. This class of interns will work closely with a Digital Technology team to deliver real results in the areas of business, technology, and process/project management throughout various operating countries.
The candidate will be responsible for delivering successful digital technology solutions for business-critical projects in one of the following digital function areas:
- Digital Strategy: develop expertise working with software development teams across product management, UX, UI, design, engineering, sales, and marketing
- Internet of Things & Mobility Programs: develop an understanding of Otis service and digital transformation and the opportunity to lead and manage mobility app development and device deployment to field technicians
- Digital Global Business Solutions: develop an understanding of the global business systems including financial systems and controls and HR and payroll applications. Join technology project teams that collaborate closely with cross functional stakeholders that drive business process improvement, automation, and drive efficiencies and cost savings for the business
- Data & Analytics: Join Otis’ team of data scientists to analyze Otis operational, passenger traffic, equipment sensor and market data and to define strategy, improve performance, recognize latent trends, and identify market growth opportunities
- Cyber Security: develop an understanding of the company’s Cyber Security and Risk Management programs, products policies and standards. Associates will have an opportunity to learn best practices and develop solutions to support Cyber Security Product Management, Identity Access Management, Operations and Policy and Governance
These are full-time, paid summer internships, typically starting in May/June and ranging from 10-12 weeks. Throughout your internship, we provide continuous training and performance feedback to ensure you develop the necessary skills to succeed. The successful candidates will have the opportunity to join Otis for another internship in the future in another area of interest.
EDUCATION / QUALIFICATIONS:
Selection for the Otis Digital Technology Internship Program internship will be based on the following minimum criteria:
- Current student pursuing an undergraduate degree in Computer Engineering/Science, Cybersecurity, Data Science, Information Systems or other Information Technology concentrations
- Proactive and results-driven individual who thrives in a fast paced and dynamic environment
- Excellent analytical and communication skills
- Preferred strong technical skills in design, development, big data/analytics, infrastructure, IT/Cybersecurity, etc.
- Flexibility and Adaptability
Additionally, candidates should be self-starters and be able to work with minimal direction. They should be able to communicate a clear understanding of their subject matter, work in cross-functional teams, respect individual differences and welcome diverse thinking, and offer informed suggestions to improve processes.
Otis, is the world leader in reliable, efficient and technologically advanced elevators, escalators and people-moving systems. Our revolutionary Gen2® elevators, energy-saving ReGen™ drives and NCE “green” escalator have clearly set the industry standard for innovation, safety and performance. More than 2.4 million Otis elevators and escalators are currently in operation throughout 200 different countries. We are proud to have a global team that continues to rise to the challenges of a fast-moving company. Together, the people of Otis are creating new ideas and opportunities by collaborating across time zones, geographies and cultures. So just imagine where we can take you!
Otis is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.