Design Drafter – Bridge & Transportation Infrastructure – East Hartford, CT
Our East Hartford Offices are now hiring for an entry level Structural Bridge Design Drafter to support various transportation infrastructure projects for bridge design in MassDOT or CDOT and the surrounding region. This role supports civil/structural engineers at varying levels. Parsons extensive experience in this field combined with your knowledge and developing technical skills will propel your career forward. MicroStation experience is required!
As a successful designer, you will take engineering notes, specifications, rough sketches, etc., and formalize them into working drawings. In this role you will perform basic to moderately difficult design/drafting assignments requiring a working knowledge of design/drafting standards, practices, and techniques. You will also assist with file management. compiling plan sets and organizing design documents for submittal.
- Utilize AutoCAD or MicroStation to prepare contract drawings from general engineering and design information according to established standards and procedures.
- Utilize technical manuals and directives to ensure compliance with codes and company policies.
- Utilizes samples, instruction, and established standards as a guide in transferring design information from market prints and sketches to preliminary or final drawings.
- Become familiar with various standards and codes such as AASHTO and DOT standards.
- Compile data and perform dimensional and routine calculations required for the preparation of drawings.
- Understand how to read and create orthographic (2D) and/or isometric (3D) designs and interpret supplier/manufacturer drawings.
- High School Diploma (or equivalent) is required as a minimum.
- B.S. in Architectural Engineering or Civil Engineering Technology is desirable, but not required
- Associate of Applied Science (AAS) is desirable as well.
- 2 years of relevant experience in drafting/design is required, with a focus in structural/civil disciplines essential.
- Solid Working knowledge of AutoCAD or MicroStation
- Knowledge of Open Roads & OBM is preferred for this position but can be learned on the job.
- Project-wise and project delivery experience is desirable but not required
- Experience with DOT drafting standards is desirable, but not required
- Working knowledge of other computer software used to complete design assignments
- Relevant experience gained in internships or other preferred