About Phoenix Tailings
Each year the mining industry produces over 200 billion tons of tailings, a waste that comes from global mining operations. Phoenix Tailings is on a mission to eliminate this environmentally harmful waste from the environment while sustainably extracting valuable materials.
What started as an ambitious project to demonstrate the ability to clean up mine tailings, from the garage of our MIT graduates, Phoenix Tailings is now a fast-growing startup that is modernizing the mining industry with its sustainable extraction technology. Phoenix has demonstrated its technology to work at the lab scale and is heading into early pilot stages. We are eager and looking to accelerate this growth by bringing on talented and hard-working people with an ambition to change the world.
Learn more: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cJUqZr2wKX4
Why Phoenix Tailings
At Phoenix, we believe that nothing great is ever accomplished alone or without the passion of people who push and motivate one another. If you are someone who shares our relentless pursuit of a better future, passion for innovation, and are excited about working with some of the top innovators in the world, then this is the place for you.
Our Values: Ask us about them!
- You are only crazy if you are wrong
- It’s ok to be wrong
- Lead with Compassion
- Be Resourceful
What we do
At Phoenix, we build novel chemical processing techniques and technologies that are at the forefront of extracting critical materials that were previously trapped in tailings, solving the waste remediation process of the mining industry, and revolutionizing the mining industry with our zero waste mining solutions.
Who we are looking for:
Phoenix is a fast-paced startup and we are looking for enthusiastic-technical minded people with a hands-on attitude to join us in our engineering effort. In this position, you’ll be working cross-functionally with the entire engineering team that’s composed of material, metal, chemical, and R&D engineers and scientists. You will be involved in a number of different projects that span across the entirety of Phoenix’s technology stack.
Even though this role reports to the CEO, you will be a trusted resource for all team members.
What you will do:
- Work closely with the Senior Engineering team to propose, design, and manage projects aimed to aid in process development and optimization
- Research and development on bulk processing and niche product formulation and scale-up
- Aid in process development, modeling, and PFD / P&ID buildout
- Aid Senior Engineering Team with the following:
- Preparation of laboratory-scale experiments and resulting analysis
- Detailed documentation of process methods and results
- Execute SOPs and protocols for laboratory and small scale reactors
- Maintain a clean, safe and organized laboratory environment
- Interpret and present results to team leadership
What you have:
- Current student at an accredited university pursuing an undergraduate degree or a graduate degree in a technical field, Materials Science and Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Metallurgy, or Mechanical Engineering preferred
- Coursework or research experience in a chemical laboratory
- Knowledge of metallic materials and inorganic chemistry
- Familiarity with ASPEN, METSIM, or similar program a plus
- Familiarity with equipment such as SEM, XRF, spectroscopy, and similar a plus
- Excellent teamwork and communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, flexible start-up environment
- Strong technical and communication skills
- Organized and detail-oriented
At Phoenix Tailings, we are revolutionizing the ways in which raw materials are produced. We dream of a world that produces materials sustainably and free of toxic waste. Come join us on our mission to create a zero-waste world!
Phoenix Tailings, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we value diversity at all levels. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including gender identity, sexual orientation, and pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, or genetic information or any other applicable protected characteristics and these characteristics will not be a factor for consideration of any work-related decisions (including but not limited to hiring, firing, compensation, and discipline).