Join Repustar’s in-house fact checking team: Gigafact
$25 per 100-word submission
If interested, fill out our invitation here.
Repustar is dedicated to empowering everyone to better support conversations with facts. The Repustar Review Network publishes the work of a group of Contributors who write fact-checks in response to online content flagged as potentially misleading. From there, these fact-checks (termed Reviews) are shared back into the world, providing all with a little more context as we navigate our online lives.
If you are frustrated by misinformation and would like to stand up for facts in online discourse, we invite you to join the Repustar Review Network as a Gigafact Reviewer.
About The Gigafact Project
The project was incubated by an in-house team at Repustar to develop new ways to source and edit fact-checks to support more useful conversations across social and digital media. Reviewers have published 800 reviews since May, collaborating with Repustar developers and researchers to develop and test formats, presentation standards and distribution strategies. Gigafact focuses on reviewing claims pertinent in the current news cycle.
Reviewing for Gigafact
Participation is open to anyone with a few hours a week to spare, and the will to help all of us inform more conversations with more facts. Successful Gigafact reviewers generally have strong research and writing skills and are often recent graduates from a diverse set of disciplines.
As a Gigafact reviewer, you will:
- Earn $25 for each published 100-word review, with additional incentives as you progress.
- Choose among a wide variety of topics in the news, look into the accuracy of claims made about them and write short, to-the-point summaries backed up by credible documentation and data.
- Work at your own pace.
- Go deep or broad depending on your own interests and goals.
- Unlock opportunities to progress to the Reviewer-Editor role as you gain experience with the network.
- Get feedback from experienced, committed editors to develop your skills.
- Develop social-media and professional visibility.
We’re on the lookout for people from all over the country, and all sorts of backgrounds and political orientations. For now, Repustar is only hiring those who are eligible for work in the U.S.
Ready to sign up? Please apply!
Part of an educational institution or larger organization focused on misinformation? We’re eager to discuss how we could collaborate and support your own work, and invite you to email our editorial director.