Who We Are
Rookie Road is a digital media company dedicated to providing information about the rules, gameplay, and more of sports, games, and activities around the world. Our mission is to provide high-quality, reliable, and informative educational content experiences that help you learn something new or validate a fact. We want to break down the barrier to entry into sports and make them easy to understand for everyone.
What are Content Creators?
Content creators are the backbone of Rookie Road. As a content creator you will be responsible for researching various topics and creating original written content that is both high-quality and reliable. You will explore a range of topics covering every sport imaginable, from badminton to football. You will work closely with our editors and content coordinators to produce great content for Rookie Road.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Creating high-quality, engaging content on a given topic
- Following guidelines on how to produce and create certain pieces of content
- Working on a variety of sports and types of content
- Researching and fact-checking all relevant information on a given topic
- Completing pieces in a timely manner
- Communicating with editors to generate the best possible content
- College-level writing, grammar, and research abilities
- Highly communicative and efficient with time
- 7-10+ hours to dedicate to writing each week
- Previous experience writing for a digital publication
- Sports knowledge in at least one major sport
- Bilingual or experience writing in another language other than U.S. English
Sport management students are highly encouraged to apply!
*This is a contract position and requires a 1099 tax from, and that employer/student reserve funds to pay taxes!