Adam Matthew, a SAGE Publishing company, has a current remote opening for a Development Team Associate in the Northeast U.S.
This role has a Sales Development focus to increase our U.S. customer base and revenue in North American libraries by capturing new and dormant business mainly though virtual customers meetings, phone calls and emails. Some occasional in-person visits are required both on campus and by conference.
New Business Opportunities
· Research new and existing markets to identify prospective customers and generate interest
· Conduct effective cold-call, email campaigns, and appointments to introduce our products to both new and existing customers
· Secure new and dormant customer accounts by closing digital sales within North America
· Sourcing new sales opportunities through inbound lead follow-up, and outbound cold calls and email campaigns
· Understanding customer needs and requirements and providing appropriate paths forward to essentially close sale
· Effectively work with your Regional Sales, Faculty Sales and Outreach Team members to ensure all customer contacts are being maintained across the entire territory
· Meet or exceed weekly contact goals through emails, phone calls, or appointments. Meet or exceed monthly goals for appointments (in-person or online) and new opportunities.
· Increase turnover and customer base by meeting or exceeding monthly, quarterly and annual targets set by the Executive Director of North American Sales
· Prepare and deliver appropriate and effective customer demonstrations and PowerPoint presentations virtually or onsite
· Maintain advanced product knowledge and keep informed about current industry trends
· Expand database of prospects within assigned territory
· Work collaboratively with colleagues on consortia offers, nationwide opportunities and other long-term sales work
· Conduct regular territory planning, forecasting and effective management of opportunities with the rest of the US sales team
After Sales/Team Support:
· Ensure new contacts are added onto the CRM database
· Update entries on the CRM system and work with Sales/Customer Support Assistants to ensure CRM information is accurate
· Work with Head of Sales Development, North America and Sales/Customer Support Assistants to resolve any client issues that arise
Additional duties include:
· Participate in industry conferences and team meetings
· Provide Sales cover where appropriate to ensure opportunities are monitored and closed in a timely manner
Professional Experience and Skills:
• Relevant experience in business development of related products combined with effective consultative selling skills
• Ability to provide product-related support to customers and end users
• Experience of supporting regional sales teams with customer follow up and campaigns with existing customers
• Strong stakeholder management skills
• Ability to work towards and deliver commercial targets
• Previous knowledge of the publishing sector or related field would be advantageous
• Demonstrated success performing in a team-based setting
• Previous experience working remotely a plus
• Humanities background is strongly preferred
• Excellent communication skills: verbal and written proficiency are central to the success of this role
• Be Bold- We maintain our entrepreneurial spirit, keeping a sense of agility and curiosity in all we do.
• Be Distinctive- We think differently and celebrate the individual. We bring quality, passion, and fun to our work.
• Be Honest- We act with integrity to our partners and customers. We are forthright with each other to ensure we continually improve.
• Be Accountable- We take responsibility for delivering results and support one another to succeed.
• Making effective decisions
• Commercial awareness
• Communicating effectively
• Building and managing relationships
• Planning and organizing
SAGE Publishing is committed to being an inclusive employer where all individuals are treated with fairness and respect, regardless of age, disability, gender identity, marriage and partnership status, pregnancy and parental responsibilities, race, religion and belief, sex, or sexual orientation.
We believe that diversity is a cornerstone of a vibrant culture. We want SAGE to be an organization where the most talented staff and high-potential staff are recruited, have the opportunity to grow, and want to work. We strive to achieve a better representation of diverse talent at all levels, including leadership, across our workforce.
Qualified applicants should present their resume and cover letter for consideration to our website at http://www.sagepublications.com/careers for more information.
Adam Matthew Digital is an academic publisher based in the United Kingdom and the United States. It has been an independent subsidiary of SAGE Publishing since 2012. The company specializes in online primary source databases and curated collections for the humanities and social sciences –