EM Quality Industrial Engineer
The Electro-Mechanical Quality Industrial Engineer, reporting directly to Sargent Quality Manager, is an integral part of the Electro-mechanical operations team. This role will be working mainly with our new and existing products, addressing quality issues and developing proactive solutions and processes. Will work closely with product development team to support qualification of electro-mechanical and Electronic Access Control (EAC) products, in the manufacturing environment.
This position has a lead role in electro-mechanical and electronics quality assessment and controls from product development through manufacturing.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
This position requires ongoing interface with engineering, manufacturing, sourcing and suppliers and responsibilities include:
- Actively participate in Root Cause Analysis (RCA) projects addressing product quality issues.
- Develop and maintain Process Control Plans to assure product quality.
- First Article qualification and reporting.
- Actively participate in new product implementation – member of Electromechanical PFMEA team.
- Leads troubleshooting production quality issues and implementing corrective actions jointly with Manufacturing Engineers.
- Daily perform quality audits of manufacturing assembly lines
- Maintain records of quality audits and submit analysis to Manufacturing engineering and Quality manager.
- Supports test fixtures for EM (Electro-Mechanical) and EAC (Electronic Access Control) products across Sargent manufacturing facility jointly with EM Test Engineering team
- Work closely with sourcing and purchasing team on evaluating and testing component and product samples.
- Development of OMS (Operational Method Sheets) for new and existing products.
- Participates in manufacturing pre-production samples and special products (SP orders) to ensure quality of the product.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Industrial Engineering is preferred.
- Minimum of 1 to 3 years of hands on experience on Electro-mechanical, Electronic products, performing testing and troubleshooting on analog/digital circuits.
- Will consider entry level candidates will strong internship experience.
- Knowledge on Quality processes like product inspection, Root cause analysis and Corrective Actions, Process Control Plan, etc.
- Experience with Lean Manufacturing.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office products (Power Point, Word and Excel).
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal, problem-solving skills required.
- The ability to work in cross-functional team environment and across multiple departments.
- High energy level and strong self-motivation.