At a Glance
- You’re a
- motivated First Year Masters, or First Year MBA student
- with a 3.0 GPA or higher seeking a
- degree in one of the following areas listed below from an accredited college or university:
- Advanced Degree (MBA, PH.D, MS or equivalent)
- This is a learning-intensive program designed to give you essential business insights and hands-on experience in your field of choice. It’s a full-time, 10-week commitment from June 1, 2022 through August 5, 2022.
- Benefits include professional development sessions, networking opportunities, and mentorship.
The Spectrum Internship Experience
You have clear aspirations and are seeking a summer internship program that will help you meet them. Find it at Spectrum, named one of the Top 100 Internship Programs in the United States by WayUp.
Our internships are designed to provide:
- Opportunities to gain new skills and elevate the ones you already have, all in a robust and forward-thinking business setting.
- First-rate, hands-on experience in the telecommunications industry.
- Opportunities to connect you with people who can give you a better understanding of the industry and help you accomplish real goals you can add to your résumé, this includes assigning you a formal mentor and interactions with senior executives.
What you can expect in this role
As a Spectrum Intern, you’ll be essential to two teams — your respective department and your Intern peer group. Department and team-focused projects account for about 80% of your schedule. You’ll spend the other 20% on professional development sessions and networking activities, including the Kickoff Conference on June 1, webinars, community service, cross-functional project, and final presentations.
Internship responsibilities may include
- Overview of project(s) the intern will be working on throughout the summer. This will be helpful to the designated recruiter to understand what the intern will be working on. Please provide a detailed response to allow for a successful recruiting experience
- The intern will be involved in all staged of Big Data Analytics, mining Set Top Box-based viewership data to inform key content acquisition decisions at Charter. Throughout the internship, the intern will liaison with various internal teams including Programming Acquisition, Spectrum Originals, Spectrum Networks, Product, BI, Finance, etc. and will be mentored by Director of Data Analytics as well as a VP, Programming Data Analytics
Here’s what it takes to get started
- Must be currently enrolled in an accredited College or University completing a Bachelor’s Degree or Advanced Degree
- Must have at least a 3.0 GPA or greater in current program
- Ability to travel locally to Spectrum Intern development events and activities throughout the program
- Authorization to work in the U.S. without restrictions or need for future sponsorship
- Data modeling and analytics
- Experience in data mining and modeling with related software knowledge (e.g. MS Excel, MS Access, Tableau, Hadoop, SQL, Python, Oracle, R, SAS, etc.)
Our Commitment During COVID-19 Your health and safety is important to us, as such we’re using virtual recruiting tools to safely meet with qualified candidates. We are working in the office, following CDC guidelines.
Get to Know Us Charter Communications is known in the United States by our Spectrum brands, including: Spectrum Networks, Spectrum Enterprise and Spectrum Reach. When you join us, you’re joining a strong community of more than 95,000 individuals working together to serve more than 31 million customers in 41 states. Watch this video to learn more.
Who You Are Matters Here We’re committed to growing a workforce that reflects our communities, and providing equal opportunities for employment and advancement. Learn about our inclusive culture.