SPEF’s Stamford Mentoring Program fosters quality mentoring relationships to encourage students to engage academically and within their communities. The Program relies on adult volunteers who commit to supporting, guiding, and being a friend to a student for a period of at least one year. By becoming part of the support network of adults and community members who care about the student, the mentor can help the student develop and reach positive academic, career, and personal goals.
Mentor Role & Responsibilities
● Take the lead in supporting students through ongoing relationships
● Serve as a positive role model and friend
● Build the relationship by participating in activities together
● Strive for mutual respect
● Build self-esteem and motivation
● Help set goals and work toward accomplishing them
Check with your school’s Internship Coordinator BEFORE accepting the hiring offer to determine if this position satisfies the criteria for receiving academic credit.