The Technical Support Intern will support Star Mountain with general technology management in the firm’s Greenwich, Connecticut office. This represents a unique opportunity to join a reputable, entrepreneurial team as an integral part of: (i) the for-profit business, which invests in established U.S. small businesses, as well as (ii) the non-profit foundation, which focuses on economic development, job creation and health & wellness.
· Ensuring the successful operation of all the office’s technological processes; assisting staff with troubleshooting as needed.
· Managing on-site desktop support, system installation, software installation and record keeping.
· Maintaining proper functionality of audiovisual equipment, Microsoft Office products, and other desktop / mobile applications.
· Assisting with software updates, network connectivity troubleshooting, file organization, printer & copier support, and server administration.
· Supporting general organization and labeling of hardware, wiring and other technology.
Competitive base hourly wage with overtime and potential for development into full-time employment.
Star Mountain is a rapidly growing U.S. lower middle-market asset management firm with multiple investment verticals, providing compelling career opportunities and competitive investment advantages. Culture is a core principle which includes long-term alignment of interests, with 100% of employees participating in investment profits. The Firm has approximately $2 billion in AUM and expects strong continued growth based on its performance, distinctive investment verticals and diversified investor base.
Star Mountain values team players with positive, solution-oriented attitudes, complemented by a strong work ethic. The Firm is highly committed to long-term training and career development. Star Mountain is 100% employee-owned with material, long-term wealth creation opportunity for committed, entrepreneurial professionals. The Firm was recognized as one of the Best Places to Work by Crain’s in 2019 and 2020 and was named one of Pensions & Investments Best Places to Work in 2019 and 2020. Star Mountain also has a charitable foundation whose mission includes assisting veterans, women and athletes with career development, encouraging small business job creation, and supporting health and wellness initiatives such as cancer research.
· Currently enrolled in an undergraduate program, ideally focused on IT / technology management (preferably with a hardware emphasis).
· Strong familiarity with Microsoft Office, mobile applications and technological support processes.
· Prior technology support experience (ideally at an investment firm).
· Ability to commute to Star Mountain’s Greenwich, CT office.
· Highly organized, detail-oriented and a quick learner.
· Positive, “can do” attitude of always trying one’s best.
· Sense of ownership and pride in work, firm and culture.
· Strong people and communication skills, both verbal and written.
· Ability to manage competing deadlines in a fast-paced entrepreneurial work environment.