The Taunton Press, a multi-media publisher, seeks a motivated intern to join the Fine Gardening magazine franchise team for several days per week. The graphic design intern reports to the Executive Art Director and takes part in magazine and digital design work. Instruction in magazine layout, design and photography will be provided, and the intern will participate in issue production meetings.
The candidate must be highly organized, capable of multitasking and working with a deadline-driven team. This position is based in Newtown, CT, however, due to the Covid-19 pandemic the position is remote until further notice. Once the pandemic restrictions are lifted, there may be an opportunity to continue remotely or to work a hybrid schedule with remote and in-office work. There may also be the opportunity to attend photo shoots on location. Flexible schedule, 15 to 20 hours per week.
General duties and responsibilities:
- Create illustrations and designs for the print magazine and digital media.
- Help create graphics, long pins and animation for digital and print content from concept to completion.
- Ideal candidate is deadline driven and highly motivated to handle many different assignments.
- A college junior/senior with a strong interest in digital and print magazine publishing, currently pursuing a degree in Graphic Design, Art or Video animation.
- Working knowledge of Adobe Creative suite, focusing on Photoshop, Illustrator and Indesign. Animation knowledge a plus.
- Illustration skills are a strong plus.
- An interest in gardening is helpful but not necessary.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity and inclusion in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.