TechTarget is seeking a Marketing Associate, Sales Enablement Associate who will be primarily responsible for supporting sales enablement efforts for the Cloud and DevOps markets. No prior technical experience is necessary, but a willingness to learn is crucial. The Marketing Associate, Sales Enablement Associate will report to the Director of Sales Enablement and will assist with various projects as needed.
TechTarget’s shift to a B2B purchase intent data provider creates an exciting opportunity for any entry-level person with an entrepreneurial spirit looking to build marketing and sales support skills. The role, while entry level, is part of a high-profile team working to support the fastest growing area of our business.
Essential Job Functions:
- Support the sales team with all pre-sales requests related to IT vendors, including:
- Writing customized email copy to help sales engage with a particular vendor
- Building PowerPoint presentations that showcase our audience
- Conducting ABM (account-based marketing) analyses for clients and building corresponding collateral
- Providing guidance on which TechTarget solutions align with a vendor’s KPI’s
- Pricing guidelines for vendors based on their budgets and topical interests
- Create reasons for sales to engage with prospective clients that fall within your team’s markets, including:
- Relevant product opportunities with supporting data/positioning
- Promoting relevant industry events in your market to sales
- Monitoring social channels and 3rd party mentions of key vendors
- Update and maintain all sales support materials for the Cloud and DevOps markets
- Join sales calls to gain insight into which sales enablement materials work best
- Manage e-publication inventory with editorial team, build prospect lists, and push sales collateral around products out to sales
Knowledge, skills and abilities required:
- BS in Marketing/Communications or other related discipline;
- 1-2 years’ experience in marketing and/or communications;
- Customer service experience a plus;
- Proficient with MS PowerPoint and has a working knowledge of Excel, Word
- Strong writing and communication skills;
- An organized, self-starter with a proven track record of displaying ownership and motivation over one’s responsibilities, and consistently accomplishing goals and meeting proactive deadlines without oversight or reminders
- A team player with the ability to develop and maintain strong working relationships with their own team as well as co-workers from a variety of other departments
- Ability to manage competing priorities, take risks, celebrate victories and learn from failures in a highly competitive and rapidly changing environment.
TechTarget, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. TechTarget strictly prohibits and does not tolerate discrimination against employees, applicants, or any other covered persons because of race, color, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, religion, creed, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, promotion, discipline, compensation, benefits, and termination of employment. TechTarget complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), as amended by the ADA Amendments Act, and all applicable state or local law.