The Diversity, Equity & Inclusion intern will complete projects that will introduce them to various aspects of the group’s work, including, but not limited to: training and development, diversity and inclusion, HR metrics, and engagement. In addition, the intern will gain valuable experience working in the headquarters of a global corporation, gaining an understanding of the complexity of our business, connecting with others in the HR community, and learning our fundamental HR processes. This internship is ideal for someone who has an interest in pursuing a career in Human Resources, with particular emphasis on talent acquisition, training and development, creating an inclusive workplace, and/or HR systems and processes.
Depending on the successful candidate’s interests and abilities, and the needs of the business at the time of placement, the intern’s projects could include the following:
- Assist the Director of Ethics, Compliance and Diversity in Global Diversity, Equity & Inclusion initiatives, including planning and facilitating periodic DEI Council meetings with Senior HR Leaders
- Support the creation and implementation of DEI training programs
- Conduct research, create reports on program effort, conceptualize community engagement ideas
- Assist in developing and implementing Terex Affinity Groups (Employee Resource Groups)
- Research DEI topics and their correlation to the initiatives of Terex
- Serve as an HR partner for the DEI Sub-committees of: Talent Development; Training; and Recruitment
- Participate on the Women@Terex Steering Committee and assist in the planning of Women@Terex events including bi-annual webinars
- Assist with the development of DEI metrics to “know the score” (e.g., minorities in management, parity in retention rates, etc.) and work with HR Systems, Reporting & Analytics COE to determine reporting format and cadence
- Minimum Junior year standing as of Fall 2022 at accredited 4 year university/college.
- Pursuing a full-time undergraduate or graduate degree
- Minimum of a cumulative GPA of 3.0 required to submit resume to Terex Career Database.
- Desire to build a career in Human Resources with particular interest in diversity, equity & Inclusion.
- Track record of demonstrable accomplishments in school and at work.
Skills & Competencies
- Basic understanding of Excel and PowerPoint.
- Analytical abilities.
- Attention to detail.
- Solid communication skills – both written and verbal.
- Well-developed organizational skills and ability to meet deadlines.
- Action oriented and strong follow-up.
- Positive, can-do attitude; self-starter.
Location: Norwalk, CT
Department: Human Resources
Job ID: 25461
Terex Corporation is a $3.1 billion publicly traded global manufacturer of lifting and material processing products and services. We are passionate about producing equipment that helps improve the lives of people around the world, and providing our team members with a rewarding career and the opportunity to make an impact. While our operations are global, each office or factory is a close-knit community. We value diversity, equity and inclusion, safety, integrity, respect, servant leadership, courage, citizenship, and continuous improvement. It’s an exciting time to be part of the expanding manufacturing sector – come join us!
It is the policy of the company to attract and retain the best qualified employees. We are committed to providing employment opportunities to the most qualified internal or external candidate based on work-related factors and without regard to non work-related factors including race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, or veteran status as a special disabled veteran, Vietnam Era Veteran, or other qualifying veteran.
The Company offers competitive salaries, advancement opportunities, and a full range of benefits, including paid vacation, 401(k), medical, dental, and vision.
Terex Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Affirmative Action Employer M/F/D/V.