Business Development Manager (BDM) – Finance Events Portfolio
Reports to: General Manager
Location: 110 William St, Suite 2501, New York NY 10038
To sell sponsorship and exhibit space for large industry trade shows which include:
Trading Show Chicago
Aviation Festival Americas
Accounting & Finance Show
The BDM will work strategically to drive the growth of the event. The role is predominantly a sales role where you are expected to close large deals of $50k+, with a base + commission structure. Terrapinn will provide extensive sales training and cultivate you into an adept salesperson.
In addition, the BDM will work with the conference producer who acquires the speakers of the event. They will also work with the marketing and experience teams respectively to ensure the growth and delivery of the event.
- Experience in selling either transactional sales or needs based sales
- Understanding of conference production, sales, marketing and experience management of events (specifically expos would be beneficial but not required).
- Proactive, ambitious and disciplined professional to drive sales through international sales trips, face-to-face meetings and spends at least 1-2 hours on the phone every day.
- Change agitator that wants to drive industries forward
- Results driven individual who has surpassed targets set and takes ownership of projects
- Ability to engage prospects in a vision of what the event will look like – ‘concept selling’ as opposed to requiring a finished product to make sales
- Experience leading other sales people or leading teams is beneficial but not required
- Making sales calls to prospective clients to sponsor the event, often times a Fortune 500 and/or innovative technology company
- Collaborating with colleagues on how to position the event in the industry
- Writing proposals for the client to sponsor the event
- Executing contracts
- Sourcing new leads through current events and networking
- Exploring new revenue streams and angles within the event
Terrapinn events inspire and transform business:
We’ve been sparking ideas, innovations and relationships that transform business for over 30 years. Using our global footprint, we bring innovators, disrupters and change agents together, discussing and demonstrating the technology, strategies and personalities that are changing the way the world does business.
Our world leading events bring scale, knowledge and gravitas to promote innovation and technology that changes people’s lives. Whether it is solar and renewables in Africa, education technology in Australia, payments and e-commerce in Asia, railways in the Middle East, orphan drugs in the Americas, or aviation in Europe, our events make a difference.
We are creative, organic and customer-focused, curating content for the specific industry and location of each event. Whether you’re looking to make new connections, introduce product or inspire change in your industry, we invite you to join us as agitators of change.
Terrapinn – spark something.
Terrapinn and your development:
Finally, at Terrapinn we like to work hard and play hard. If you are excited by building commercial relationships, learning about new innovations and being given responsibility and ownership this could very well be the place for you. We are developing a ‘craft culture’ where each of us develops key lifelong skills that are useful for our careers both within Terrapinn or elsewhere. Within the company there is plenty of room to grow as so many of our events are expanding exponentially and growing in significance.
If this sounds like a good fit for you – let us know!
Managing Director – Americas
Terrapinn is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Business to business media conference company.