You will help to ensure great quality of Tesla’s Autopilot software for current and next generation vehicle programs and working towards Tesla’s vision of fully autonomous vehicles. You will be contributing to the implementation of the software system that processes inputs from a variety of vehicle sensors, evaluates possible vehicle strategies/trajectories, and automate safe control of the vehicle.
- Demonstrate good understanding of software fundamentals including software design, algorithm development, data structures, code modularity, and maintainability.
- Experience developing embedded firmware in C for safety-critical applications in production environments.
- Assess the system for failure modes and design resilient and redundant mechanisms to protect against those failures.
- Experience in creating complex, highly distributed real-time embedded systems.
- Understanding of advanced driver assistance sensors such as radar, camera, ultrasonic, and lidar, including the measurement and data-reduction, target identification and environmental synthesis, and sensor fusion.
- Collaborate with the control systems, simulation and modeling teams to design control strategies that can be implemented in software efficiently.
- Currently working towards a MS, or advanced degree in a relevant engineering program such as Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or Computer Science.
- Strong C/C++ programming skills, preferably in an embedded environment
- Experience with 32-bit and 64-bit ARM architectures ARMv8-A, ARMv8-M, ARMv8-R)
- Familiarity with board /chip bringup
- Experience with real-time operating systems (RTOS) like FreeRTOS, Threadx etc
- Experience with writing device drivers for low speed interfaces like I2C, SPI, UART, CAN etc
- Familiarity with containerization (e.g. Docker).
- Experience with one of the following programming languages: Python, Go, Java/Scala/Kotlin.
- Problem solving, critical thinking, and communication skills
- Strong build, debug and test skills
- Git experience a plus