Only candidates who apply via email to (HR “at” TWDB.texas.gov) with an official State of Texas Application or through the WorkInTexas.com website will be considered for this position. View this position and apply at https://tinyurl.com/y5c65jfa
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401(k), flexible spending, and flexible work hours so you can have a work/life balance! For more information about these benefits and more visit: http://www.twdb.texas.gov/jobs/benefits.asp
Job Description Summary
Performs highly complex (senior-level) contract assistance and review work. Work involves preparing and reviewing contract material, verifying billings for fiscal accuracy and completeness, and preparing reports on contract development and management. May provide guidance to others. Works under general supervision with moderate latitude for the use of initiative and independent judgment. Reports to the Manager of the Procurement and Contract Services Department.
Essential Job Functions
- Provides assistance in the development and preparation of contracts and amendments.
- Provides assistance to agency staff on eligibility, policy, documentation, and billing procedures.
- Reviews contracts and related amendments and verifies that contract data meets legal and fiscal requirements.
- Reviews contract agency error reports and provides corrective action assistance.
- Reviews contract plan changes, amendments, and renewals to ensure correctness and adherence to procedural requirements.
- Reviews reports of statistical information and ensures that data accurately reflects the status of the contract activity.
- Maintains statistical information on agency contracts and prepares status reports.
- Maintains and reviews contract file information and reviews and/or verifies contract data included in contract management database.
- Prepares administrative reporting to support contract management activities at the agency.
- Resolves billing problems with contractors.
- May assist in negotiating contract renewals.
- May prepare reports and recommendations regarding the renewal or termination of contracts.
- May assist in developing bid evaluation scoring instruments.
- May assist with contract reporting, deliverables acceptance and contract related records management.
- Complies with purchasing policies and regulations and ensures agency and state procurement procedures are followed on all procurements.
- May monitor legal and regulatory requirements pertaining to contracting.
- Assists with developing contract administration policies and procedures.
- Maintains confidential and sensitive information.
- Ensures individual and team files (electronic and hard versions) are appropriately maintained and timely disposed of in accordance with the agencys records retention procedures and schedule.
- Maintains required certifications and licenses and meets the continuing education needs and requirements of the position to include, attending mandatory training courses.
- May be required to operate a state or personal vehicle for business purposes.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Graduation from a standard senior high school or equivalent.
- Three years of experience with contract reviews or procurement work, to include reviews of billings, and associated contracting documentation.
- Experience working with a State of Texas agency in a contracting or procurement support role.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs)
- Knowledge of local, state, and federal laws and regulations relevant to contracts and procurement; and of the principles and practices of public administration.
- Knowledge of office practices and administrative procedures, and of contract management policies and procedures.
- Skills in using Microsoft Office programs such as Word, Excel, and Access.
- Skills in use of internet, email, word processing, spreadsheet, presentation, and database software.
- Ability to collect, analyze, and interpret technical information; to make arithmetical computations and tabulations; to identify problems and plan corrective actions; to prepare and submit reports; to derive information from observations and interviews; to understand and follow instructions; to gather specific data from documentation systems; to communicate effectively; and to provide guidance to others.
- Ability to make mature, objective decisions and identify areas of potential problems.
- Ability to adhere to work schedules, follow procedures with respect to leave and submit accurate timesheets by prescribed deadlines Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, verbally and in writing.
- Ability to perform effectively and willingly when changes occur in scope and nature of the work and work environment.
- Ability to perform routine and non-routine work assignments accurately and on-time with little or no supervision.
- Ability to perform assigned duties and improve work habits and/or output.
- Ability to complete assigned work, on time, neatly and with infrequent errors.
- Ability to interpret policies, procedures, and regulations.
- Ability to provide prompt, courteous and accurate assistance and clear and concise communication to internal and external stakeholders both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to work and cooperate with others in a team environment.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks.
- Ability to stand/sit/move with no physical limitations or aids to perform activities such as retrieve/replace files in a large file system for boxes up to 30 lbs.
- Ability to operate a vehicle (state or personal) for state business and maintain a drivers license and driving record that complies with state and agency requirements.
- Ability to work days that may exceed 8 hours, including early mornings, nights, and weekends.
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task projects in a fast-paced work environment.
- Ability to take initiative to effectively monitor and manage workload.
- Ability to pay attention to detail.
- Ability to effectively handle difficult situations and provide excellent customer service.
- Ability to train others.