Are you a top notch troubleshooter who likes to work independently? Are you the go-to person when coworkers need technical support and fresh ideas? Then this job is for you! The Doe Run Company is seeking an Automation/Process Control Engineer to coordinate all aspects of process instrumentation and control systems for all of Doe Run’s mining & milling division, including overseeing the design, selection, installation and maintenance of systems to ensure production efficiency while supervising all Instrument Technicians. This position is based out of Viburnum, MO.
- Manage SEMO Operational Technology (OT) and enhance performance of existing process control systems, SCADA systems, mobile equipment telemetry and related equipment.
- Provide technical support to all instrument technicians, electricians, engineers, and others as needed.
- Design, specify, and manage projects for modification or installation of process control systems, electrical power, and motor control systems and equipment.
- Research, planning, and budgeting for all SEMO Doe Run Process Control and Information infrastructure.
Education & Experience:
- 5-10 years of experience in plant operations and project management.
- Supervision experience preferred.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering.
- Professional Engineering License is preferred.
- Must maintain a valid, current driver’s license.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite, ERP systems & time management.
- In depth knowledge and experience with electrical systems, drawings and instrument & control systems.
- Work collaboratively with others across various departments and people inside and outside the organization.
Work Environment & Physical Requirements:
- Rarely has to work in confined spaces, wet or humid conditions, outdoor weather conditions, vibration, or extreme heat (non-weather).
- Rarely required to wear a respirator, work near moving mechanical parts, or work underground.
- Moderate noise and normal background sound produced by machinery in a mine or mill.
- Frequently required to do repetitive movement.
- Occasionally required to sit, stand, and walk for extended periods of time, talk and hear.
- Rarely required to feel objects, grasp, push, drive, reach, stoop, kneel, and climb.
- Requires clarity of vision and three-dimensional vision.
- Regularly required to lift up to 5 pounds.
- Occasionally required to lift 6-15 pounds.
- Rarely required to lift 16-75 pounds.
Based in St. Louis, The Doe Run Company is a privately held natural resources company and one of the largest integrated lead producers in the Western Hemisphere. Dedicated to environmentally responsible mineral and metal production, Doe Run has facilities in Missouri, Washington and Arizona and operates one of the world’s largest, single-site lead recycling facilities, located in Boss, MO. Using innovative mining techniques, Doe Run skillfully taps one of the largest lead deposits in the world.
As stewards of the mineral resources in our care, we strive to provide premium services and products to people who share our belief in enhancing the quality of life. You may view our sustainability report located at http://sustainability.doerun.com/.
All health and welfare benefits as well as 401K are effective on your start date! In addition, we offer tuition reimbursement to help you grow and develop within our organization with ample opportunities for advancement.
The Doe Run Company is an Affirmative Action and Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity in all areas, including but not necessarily limited to, recruitment, selection, training, education, compensation, benefits, promotion, job transfer, upgrading, separation and recall regardless of the individual’s race, color, sex, age, religion, national origin, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, and/or other protected categories under all Federal, State, and local laws. For more information, please click on the following links: About the EEO law and EEO law supplement.