If you have strong organizational and interpersonal skills, past personal success and a commitment to continual improvement and personal/professional growth, apply today for the General Maintenance Manager position at The Doe Run Company! The Doe Run Company is seeking a General Maintenance Manager to provide guidance and direction for all division maintenance activities and projects inclusive of leadership to all technical support staff (engineers and technicians) in a safe, environmentally compliant and cost effective manner. This position is located at The Buick Resource Recycling Division in Boss, MO.
- Oversee long range planning and identify what areas need improvement, set up leadership groups to discuss needs and priorities. Assign appropriate people to manage development and progress of projects.
- Manage maintenance activities of each operation and project to ensure they are on track and the appropriate people are assigned to each site and inspect work.
- Conduct quarterly reviews with key vendors, set agenda, discuss problems, and possible solutions. Bring vendors in to train employees on their equipment, parts, and processes.
- Keep track and control maintenance department and project budgets.
- Participate in weekly team meetings and provide reports, presentations, speeches, and facilitation as needed.
- Conform to standards & compliance. Includes, division, operational, safety & environmental compliance.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education & Experience:
- Minimum of 5 to 10 years of industrial or operational maintenance leadership experience preferably within a large industrial plant environment.
- Prior capital projects experience preferred.
- Maintenance of mobile and stationary equipment within a similar industry preferred; exposure to molten metal or hydrometallurgy a plus.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical, Civil, Chemical, or Electrical Engineering or related field.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office Suite.
- Understanding of people & financial management systems.
- Knowledge of project management best practices.
- Knowledge of Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) preferred.
- Effectively lead & mentor other leaders.
- Ability to build systems & processes for maintenance functions.
Work Environment & Physical Requirements:
- Occasionally exposed to outdoor weather conditions and wet, humid (non-weather) conditions.
- Occasionally required to work near moving mechanical parts.
- Regularly required to wear personal protective equipment, including but not limited to, fall protection, a respirator, hearing protection, and eyewear.
- May be exposed to moderate noise levels and high heat.
- Regularly required to sit for extended periods of time, talk and hear; occasionally reach with hands/arms.
- Requires clarity of vision and three-dimensional vision.
- Occasionally required to lift up to 20 pounds.
Based in St. Louis, The Doe Run Company is a privately held natural resources company and one of the largest integrated lead producers in the Western Hemisphere. Dedicated to environmentally responsible mineral and metal production, Doe Run has facilities in Missouri, Washington and Arizona and operates one of the world’s largest, single-site lead recycling facilities, located in Boss, MO. Using innovative mining techniques, Doe Run skillfully taps one of the largest lead deposits in the world.
As stewards of the mineral resources in our care, we strive to provide premium services and products to people who share our belief in enhancing the quality of life. You may view our sustainability report located at http://sustainability.doerun.com/.
All health and welfare benefits as well as 401K are effective on your start date! In addition, we offer tuition reimbursement to help you grow and develop within our organization with ample opportunities for advancement.
The Doe Run Company is an Affirmative Action and Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity in all areas, including but not necessarily limited to, recruitment, selection, training, education, compensation, benefits, promotion, job transfer, upgrading, separation and recall regardless of the individual’s race, color, sex, age, religion, national origin, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, and/or other protected categories under all Federal, State, and local laws. For more information, please click on the following links: About the EEO law and EEO law supplement.